jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

Trouble writing a good Bio

1. lambservant profile image93
    lambservantposted 8 months ago

I was emailed about a few articles that needed some revisions in order to go to niche sites. On the list of needed changes, I was asked for all of them a bio. I read the post about creating good bio's but I'm still not sure what to say. For example, one of the hubs is about popular songs on friendship. Another is about things a wife should never say to her husband. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that bio's should be unique to that hub and/or  topic and reflect ones expertise on the topic. I'm not sure for the wife article what I would say. I'm not a marriage or relationship expert by any stretch (as evidenced by divorce, lol).

Does anyone have any further input?

Thank you,

Lori

1. TessSchlesinger profile image93
      TessSchlesingerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

For a while I had a different bio on each, then I selected a global one showing my interests and left it at that. Interests can include everything you generally write about.

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image87
      SakinaNasir53posted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hi Lori! ☺

You can always write about your feelings on the particular topic. Example: When I wrote my first recipe hub, I had no idea what to write in the bio. So, I just wrote about my love for Indian street food (as the hub was about an Indian snack) and that I spend some time to cook snacks occasionally.

lambservantposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Oh Sakina, what a great help that was. Thank you.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image87
          SakinaNasir53posted 8 months ago in reply to this

You're most welcome. big_smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Biographies can't be unique to each Hub, because you can have a maximum of 25 biographies.  So Hubs have to share!

A couple of mine:

Marisa Wright writes about mental and physical wellbeing based on her personal experiences, as well as those of her family.

As a 60-something female, Marisa Wright is well aware of the challenges facing women throughout their life in health, beauty and fashion

Very helpful Marisa  Thank you.

4. kenneth avery profile image80
      kenneth averyposted 8 months ago in reply to this

@ lambservant, in my bio's, I just tell a brief bit about
      my background (e.g. worked for 23 years in the newspaper business),
      and have acquired a taste for  . . .(I put the type of writing I like)
      and let it go.

2. lambservant profile image93
    lambservantposted 8 months ago

Thank you Kenneth. I did something similar a long time ago and it was rejected. But I'll keep plugging along.

1. kenneth avery profile image80

@lambservant,
      Rejected? Why? Are you talking about our bio's we put on the
      "Display Options" before we publish a hub or on your profile page?

Display options Kenneth. I gave a general bio of my writing experience and a few subjects I focus on. I'm seeing now by these answers that I need to be more specific to topic in hub.

1. kenneth avery profile image80

@lambservant, that is what I did. And thank God, HP has not rejected it.

working