This is like my 3rd try. please help? I'd like feedback on my Hub:

1. AJ Rana profile image59
    AJ Ranaposted 9 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub "School Is Actually Holding Me Back" (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Hi AJ,

Great topic. I am one of those parents who home schooled 'autonomously'. In other words, my kids did what they liked smile The eldest started college at 15 and now, at 18 is doing an HND (he has to do a further year which would give him a degree) - we're in the UK so the system is different here. I'm talking about school (age 5 to 18), you're talking about college, which we don't call 'school'.

The issues with the hub as I see them.

Poor quality images. That will prevent your hub from being approved.

Too short. It reads like a blog post, not a fully-formed, informative article. How might you change it? How about you do some research into kids who educate themselves? You might find more info on UK sites as it is common here. Just Google 'autonomous education'. In the US, it's called 'unschooling'.

While personal experience is interesting and useful, it shouldn't make up the whole article. HubPages wants useful articles, not personal accounts.

The Facebook section is not necessary. You can keep the text, you don't need the poor quality screenshot.

"passion lied" should be "passion lay". The phrase is clunky in any case, so how about, "Although a psychology major, Mark Zuckerberg was attracted to computer science classes. Instead of concentrating on his finals he was immersed in building a website"

You need to sit back and focus on what you want this piece to be. If its a blog post, put it somewhere else. If you want to make it a hub, then it needs to be researched and filled with useful info.

Hope that helps.

working