I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Festivals in March in India, 2017 (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Hi NatashaSen! Welcome to HubPages.
I would like to suggest these points:
1. Attribute your images by specifying the source name or URL. Make sure they are in the public domain (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use. Flickr is good too. But you need to search for the images under Creative Commons.
2. It is always best to write about topics that you are genuinely passionate about and what people might be searching for.
3. Add a video if possible.
4. Your article is short. Try adding more information.
5. "So, Plan a trip to Incredible India by Travelsite India this march and becomes the part of these festivals. Start customizing your tour today.." This looks like promotion.
What reasons did the HubPages team give you for unfeaturing your hub?
I hope this helps. Good luck!
Here are the problems I see with your hub.
1. You need a proper introduction. You can't start an article with 'So'. A well-formatted paragraph explaining that India has many festivals and how you are going to present them to your reader. Your grammar could do with improvement - you could try using the free online Grammarly app.
2. Your photos **must** be legal to use. You can't take them from Google. Either your own, Creative Commons licensed or Public Domain. Each one should have a source back to the original so that the license is clear. Anything that is copyright belongs to someone else and you cannot use it. It is important you understand this - you could get sued for copyright theft. https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use
3. Your description of each festival is too short. You need to tell you reader what's special about each one, its origins, who attends. What kind of things are included, etcetera.
4. Remove the reference to 'Travelsite India'. If you are here at HubPages to promote a business, then you have been misinformed as to the purpose of the site. HP is looking for magazine-style articles, not for those that are promotional.
Sorry to disagree with Sakina , but you don't need a video. Although, given the topic, it might be a good idea to include at least one which is connected to one of the festivals you mention.
Hope that helps.
Thank You SakinaNasir53.
I would like to inform you that I don't have a video so I can't upload any. All the images are from Google, So should I write the source as google images for this.
and ok the last paragraph is promotional so I'll remove it. Can I add a hyperlink in the hubpages?
You're welcome Natasha.
You can upload a video from YouTube. Search for the video you would like to include, copy its URL and paste it in the video capsule.
You can't include any Google images unless they are free. Then, these can cause copyright issues. That's why you need to search for images which are appropriate for Commerical use. Like I mentioned, Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use. Flickr can also provide a lot of images, check them under Creative Commons license.
You can add a link to your article, but make sure that it isn't promotional or directing to a website which isn't related to your content. Only add those links that are absolutely essential. HubPages doesn't want readers to be directed to another website. Make sure your hub provides all the necessary information.
I hope this helps.
Thank you Sakina Nasir 53, for the help.
I'll surely keep these things in my mind while creating a blog.
by Crystal Tatum 6 years ago
How do I include a video with my hub without violating copyright law?I'd like to include a video with my next hub but my research on copyright law has left me confused and a bit scared to do that. Though most people seem to think YouTube is fair game, based on my interpretation of the law, that's...
by Dubuquedogtrainer 6 years ago
I received this message on a video I uploaded: "Watermarked or Pixelated Photos or VideosThis Hub has been moderated for low-quality or watermarked images/videos. In order to have it republished, you will need to remove all images and videos that are pixelated or that contain watermarks. In...
by Brian Leekley 6 years ago
I am working on an as yet unpublished (as of 12-30-2011) hub about Marquette, Michigan. I found some relevant photos online that allow commercial use, and I'll include the best of those in the hub. I also found some good, relevant photos that I can't use because the license says no commercial use,...
by Rada Heger 6 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article How Humidifiers Can Maintain Beautiful and Youthful Skin. Choosing the Best Humidifier. (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by World Religion 5 years ago
Correct. Easily noticeable marking, signing or watermarking of your photos in any way is not permitted.If you upload unoriginal photos make sure they are copyright free or available under creative commons.
by Tessa Schlesinger 12 months ago
It's been close to 8 or 9 months since I've written for hubpages, so I need to know if things have changed. Have I done this correctly or have styles, etc. changed?https://hubpages.com/business/How-the-S … u-Cant-WinI also wanted to email this to friends and I clicked on the email icon...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|