I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Festivals in March in India, 2017 (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Hi NatashaSen! Welcome to HubPages.
I would like to suggest these points:
1. Attribute your images by specifying the source name or URL. Make sure they are in the public domain (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use. Flickr is good too. But you need to search for the images under Creative Commons.
2. It is always best to write about topics that you are genuinely passionate about and what people might be searching for.
3. Add a video if possible.
4. Your article is short. Try adding more information.
5. "So, Plan a trip to Incredible India by Travelsite India this march and becomes the part of these festivals. Start customizing your tour today.." This looks like promotion.
What reasons did the HubPages team give you for unfeaturing your hub?
I hope this helps. Good luck!
Here are the problems I see with your hub.
1. You need a proper introduction. You can't start an article with 'So'. A well-formatted paragraph explaining that India has many festivals and how you are going to present them to your reader. Your grammar could do with improvement - you could try using the free online Grammarly app.
2. Your photos **must** be legal to use. You can't take them from Google. Either your own, Creative Commons licensed or Public Domain. Each one should have a source back to the original so that the license is clear. Anything that is copyright belongs to someone else and you cannot use it. It is important you understand this - you could get sued for copyright theft. https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use
3. Your description of each festival is too short. You need to tell you reader what's special about each one, its origins, who attends. What kind of things are included, etcetera.
4. Remove the reference to 'Travelsite India'. If you are here at HubPages to promote a business, then you have been misinformed as to the purpose of the site. HP is looking for magazine-style articles, not for those that are promotional.
Sorry to disagree with Sakina , but you don't need a video. Although, given the topic, it might be a good idea to include at least one which is connected to one of the festivals you mention.
Hope that helps.
Thank You SakinaNasir53.
I would like to inform you that I don't have a video so I can't upload any. All the images are from Google, So should I write the source as google images for this.
and ok the last paragraph is promotional so I'll remove it. Can I add a hyperlink in the hubpages?
You're welcome Natasha.
You can upload a video from YouTube. Search for the video you would like to include, copy its URL and paste it in the video capsule.
You can't include any Google images unless they are free. Then, these can cause copyright issues. That's why you need to search for images which are appropriate for Commerical use. Like I mentioned, Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use. Flickr can also provide a lot of images, check them under Creative Commons license.
You can add a link to your article, but make sure that it isn't promotional or directing to a website which isn't related to your content. Only add those links that are absolutely essential. HubPages doesn't want readers to be directed to another website. Make sure your hub provides all the necessary information.
I hope this helps.
Thank you Sakina Nasir 53, for the help.
I'll surely keep these things in my mind while creating a blog.
by Andrew C Ross4 years ago
I see this message when my Hub is rejected: "Heads up! It looks like your Hub is not cleared for publication because it did not pass the Quality Assessment Process. No need to fret; every new Hubber goes through...
by Dubuquedogtrainer5 years ago
I received this message on a video I uploaded: "Watermarked or Pixelated Photos or VideosThis Hub has been moderated for low-quality or watermarked images/videos. In order to have it republished, you will need to...
by Crystal Tatum5 years ago
How do I include a video with my hub without violating copyright law?I'd like to include a video with my next hub but my research on copyright law has left me confused and a bit scared to do that. Though most people...
by mossabezzat11 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Ideas on the gate of the Mind (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Dr Ashish7 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Pregnancy With Diabetes: Am I At Risk Of Having A Stillbirth? (must be signed in to view). What can I do...
by Brian Leekley6 years ago
I am working on an as yet unpublished (as of 12-30-2011) hub about Marquette, Michigan. I found some relevant photos online that allow commercial use, and I'll include the best of those in the hub. I also found some...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.