jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Help a Young Woman's Future and Fight Against Sexua

1. Alexander Strasse profile image61
    Alexander Strasseposted 8 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

sadly our Hub didn't pass the Quality Assessment Process. Help a Young Woman's Future and Fight Against Sexual Exploitation (must be signed in to view).

The article is addressing a problem that is not even known very well in Europe: systematic sexual exploitation of women in Europe.

Two issues are essential for us:
    1) To make many people know about what happens in a EU country
    2) For the beginning to help at least one woman through our fundraising campaign

And this means leading traffic to both the Hub and the fundraising page. Therefore we would really be grateful for any assistance regarding raising quality and publishing this article.

Thanks,
    Alexander

2. Rupert Taylor profile image100
    Rupert Taylorposted 8 months ago

Your title is too long. Try to think about what someone looking for this information might type into the Google search field.

On the other hand, the article is too short; 700 words is the minimum for HubPages, 1,000 to 1,500 is better.

You can only use images that are free of copyright restrictions. I don't think yours are creative commons pics.

You should not use boldface in text, only for headlines and subheads.

There are some grammar issues - "is learning hard to pass exams..." should be "is studying hard to pass exams."

You need to spend time at the Learning Center https://hubpageshelp.com/

3. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 months ago

The GoFundMe link might be a red flag too. Even if it's collecting for a worthy cause, I believe that requesting monetary donations from readers is against HubPages' TOS

4. Alexander Strasse profile image61

Thanks for your feedback, I will try to edit the Hub and republish it.

But still 2 issues will remain:
    1) None of us is native English speaker, so we will hardly be able to correct all grammar issues.
    2) Keeping the campaign link is important.

5. theraggededge profile image99
    theraggededgeposted 8 months ago

Hi there,

This is probably the wrong platform to try to raise awareness for your campaign.

1. HP will probably not approve the hub with the GoFundMe link, therefore you are defeating your own objective.

2. The content, as it refers to this one woman, is not 'evergreen', i.e. it won't be relevant or topical in 12 month's time.

Additionally, the hub is too short. It isn't search engine friendly, so not likely to attract traffic. You'd be better off putting the whole post on Facebook or a personal blog.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 8 months ago

Pretty much anything with the word "sexual" in it is probably going to be unfeatured or have ads turned off--even when the topic itself is not at all prurient.  I don't agree with it, but that's just how it is.

7. Alexander Strasse profile image61

Thanks for all your feedback, so I understand that HubPages is not the right place for our campaign.

Maybe members want to consider:
    - writing on their own at other platforms if they find this subject interesting
    - liking our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/For-Womens-Rig … 777403648/)
    - or maybe even donating?

working