jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

This site is stealing our content!

1. Engelta profile image69
    Engeltaposted 6 months ago

I just found out that this site is stealing our hubs and posting as its own blogposts! I mean they post our hubs EXACTLY as we have written them, with all the bullet points and the same photos, the same content organization, etc. Is there a way to take it down? http://365healthy-days.com

1. TessSchlesinger profile image92
      TessSchlesingerposted 6 months ago in reply to this

How do you work that out? How do you know that every single story is one from hubpages?

Engeltaposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I checked my own through plagiarism detector sites and 2-3 hubs that hubpages told me were duplicated, I found them on this site. They are written and organized exactly as I have them in my own hubs. Then I checked other posts in that site, and I realized they were hubs. How? Because I have been reading hubs for over 2 years now, and I can detect the way they are written and organized with all the photos, capsules, polls, bullet points, etc.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 months ago in reply to this

report this to the team asap as it may be the real reason why our Healdove articles have lost so many page views.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

The team aren't going to do anything about it, it's up to us, as you know.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93

It's not that the team can do anything about it, but rather that they need to know this is going on and can also help to guide writers in the appropriate ways to file DMCA reports.  They are trying to figure out why Healdove took such a big nose dive, and having this info might help them.

Why do they need to know this is going on?   It's been going on for years, this is just one more site in a very long list. They do not offer guidance to Hubbers on how to file DMCA's, other than directing them to the information they've already got in the Learning Center. 

I'm just thinking, if every Hubber who found a site like this sends an email to HubPages, it's a big waste of the staff's time reading those emails.  It's only a small staff, let's not waste their time. 

Also, I didn't see any suggestion that only HealDove Hubs had been copied?

Engeltaposted 6 months ago in reply to this

The hubs that were copied from me were not part of the HealDove, so I can't say much about it. I am just trying to let you know about this issue, so you can check your own hubs and take action, before your hubs are flagged as "duplicated" and you will have to go through the quality assessment process, which these days has shown to not get any new hubs, or even old ones, featured at all!

Engelta, if you switch your forum view to Chronological, you'll be able to see that I was replying to TimeTraveler2.   You did exactly the right thing in posting here!    TT2 was suggesting you should have emailed the management team about it, which is not the correct advice.

Thanks for clarifying that your stolen Hub wasn't from HealDove, I don't know where that idea came from!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93

Marisa:  Actually, if a hub has been stolen you can click on it and in the upper right hand corner there is info that shows how to file a DMCA along with info showing who the perpetrator is...so the team does more than just throw the situation back to writers..they actually provide the forms, etc. without writers having to go the the learning center.  On the other hand, newbies CAN email the team and they will then direct them to the learning center so that they can get the info they need there, also.

I wasn't implying that the team would take action on behalf of the individual, I just felt they should be informed because sometimes, when the situation is bad enough, if they know about it they can contact Google to file their own report.  Doesn't happen often, I admit, but just as writers need to protect their own work, the team has the right to protect it's overall site.

That's what I'm saying, that the team provides all the tools in the learning centre, the DMCA link, all that stuff, so there's no need to email them.  If a newbie emails the team they don't help them, they just refer them to all that stuff.

And actually, the team doesn't have the right to protect the entire site.  They may have a moral right, but legally they have no rights at all.  When it comes to copied content, the team has NO rights under DMCA.  Only the writer has the right to file.  So if they were to report to Google or anyone else, the response would be, sorry our hands are tied, get your writers to file.

2. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 6 months ago

This is the form to make a complaint to their hosting company: Network Solutions.

https://abuse.web.com In the drop down, you'll see the option to report a copyright infringement.

3. profile image62
    chaiyo555posted 6 months ago

Thanks for the good advice. And i can do it

4. Sustainable Sue profile image93
    Sustainable Sueposted 6 months ago

We used to have a link on our accounts page that showed hubs that had been copied. Anyone know what happened to that?

I don't remember a link.   Sometimes you will see a little red copyright symbol next to a Hub, that means it's been copied - and then you can go to the Hub, click on the link at the top and see where the copy is.

However, HubPages has said it's a very expensive exercise so they do it only occasionally. It's also not comprehensive.  If you run your Hubs through a service like Copyscape, you'll find far more copies than the HubPages service finds.

working