jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Getting the shortened link to my latest article

1. Janda Raker profile image89
    Janda Rakerposted 8 months ago

I've recently gotten my latest travel article, "Visit Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands Near Seattle," moved to WanderWisdom. The admin had sent me an e-mail giving me the shortened link to it, but I can't  find the e-mail. I have e-mailed tech support to ask, but I didn't want to wait for their answer because I'd like to go ahead and post a link to it on Facebook, my website (www.TravelswithJanda.com), and other sites. (I did get a bitly link to post, but I'd rather be consistent with my previous articles and have the hubpages link.)
    Also I'd like to change the URL to fit the new title to my article. How can I do that?

2. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image89
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 8 months ago

You can't change the URL. If it is very necessary, delete the hub and wait for a week or so. Then republish it again with new URL. Rather it is better to keep it, as it is, and change the title. The different title and different URL would be helpful for google search.

Janda Rakerposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Sanjay, thanks so much for this response. Maybe it will help for the title and URL to be somewhat different, perhaps receiving more hits. Good thought!

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 months ago

You can't change the URL, it's fixed once the Hub is published.  It's not that important, though - what matters is having a good title. 

To get the short URL - open the Hub (not in edit mode), click on "Stats" at the top, and there it is.

Janda Rakerposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Marisa, I really appreciate your input on these issues. As usual, you have great responses for me. I'll quit worrying about the URL. And I found my short URL and have made a post on Facebook using it. I hope ALL my friends will take a look! And hopefully, lots of folks from this forum will also! Comments are welcome!

working