jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Traffic and earnings are down

1. hclpd profile image94
    hclpdposted 11 months ago

While the traffic isn't affected by the update as much, earnings sure as hell have taken a huge hit. Anyone else in the same boat? Here is hoping that things go back to normal soon.

1. Jean Bakula profile image99
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I did really well when my hubs began moving to niche sites, but now I'm back to where I was about 2 years after I started (I've been here 6). Allowing us to only try to move 2 hubs a month is hard. Plus when they give corrections, the turn around time is really slow. They ultimately move the hub, but it sometimes takes a whole month to move one. Maybe they should speed it up a bit.

Otherwise, I think it's another failed experiment, unless we all start writing to the niches. People with a lot of hubs are most likely to fix older ones. All of my old ones are featured. But when a reader sees it's a 5 year old hub, that could be a turnoff, although I write evergreen things. Plus some of the categories just aren't that interesting.

2. FlourishAnyway profile image98
    FlourishAnywayposted 11 months ago

I'd give it some time before drawing conclusions.  There is an ebb and flow seasonality to traffic, and the experiment is not even a year old.  In the interim, perhaps try promoting them on social media, making smart edits/updates, and all the usual advice.

1. hclpd profile image94
      hclpdposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I agree with you. I am going to wait and see how this plays out. In the meantime, I'll be updating my hubs.