jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Multipurpose Car Umbrella

1. unvrso profile image84
    unvrsoposted 5 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Multipurpose Car Umbrella. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
      SakinaNasir53posted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi unvrso! smile

I would like to suggest the following points:

1. Are these pictures yours? If not then, make sure the images that you have included are in the Public Domain  (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use. Flickr is good too. But, you need to search for images in the Creative Commons license there. Properly attribute the images by providing the source name or URL.

2. Add a video if possible.

3. Use the APA guideline and capitalize the words with four or more letters in some of your sub headings. Also, I would suggest you to proofread the article once to check for minor grammatical errors.

I hope this helps. smile Good luck!

unvrsoposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying. I got permission from the website to use their pics and I attributed them like this; CC-BY-SA Lanmodo. Is this how the attributes should be written?

The were some letters that I had not capitalized; now they´re capitalized.

I don´t know if I could inlcude a video, since that was discontinued a while back.

I would appreciate if you take a second look to my hub.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Interesting concept smile

I know it's a review, but the images you are using are copyright. That might be the only reason your hub has failed QAP. " © Lanmodo Some Rights Reserved" is a red flag to a QAP editor. You must make sure you have permission to use them - contact the image owners - and then remove the reference to the image being copyright, just leaving a the url to the original. You can only use the url twice in any case.

There are a few questionable grammatical niggles - the sun isn't inclement. Inclement means wet and cold. It's not customary for a car to heat up in the sun - 'customary' means 'according to custom', i.e. some process or actions carried out by humans. However, it is 'usual' for a car to heat up in the sun.

Your writing is a little wordy. Using long words where shorter ones would have more impact. Try to cut back on unnecessary words and replace the longer ones with appropriate shorter ones. More writing doesn't mean better writing.

Picking one at random, "The rising of the inside temperature of a car depends on the time it has been exposed to the sun´s rays."

Couldn't you say, "The longer a car is left in the sun, the hotter it gets on the inside." D'you see what I mean? Short, sharp and to the point.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions. I went over them and try to make it more reader-friendly

As for the attribution. I got permission from the website to use their pictures and I have attribute them like this; CC-BY-SA Lanmodo. Is this the correct way to attribute photos from a website?

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

No, that's a Creative Commons license. All you have to say is 'Used with permission'. No need to cite the license.

That is great. I haven`t attributed with just the words, "Used with permission yet." I`ll see what happens when I make this fix to the article. Thanks for the advise.

3. Jason mackenzie profile image89
      Jason mackenzieposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi, this sentence of yours 'Wouldn´t it be wonderful to open the door of your car....' starts as a question and is ending in a full-stop rather than a question mark. In its present form I think a question mark would be more appropriate or  you can change the construction and end it in a full-stop. What do you say?

working