jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

I'd Like Feedback on My Article: Mould On Walls

1. Jason mackenzie profile image88
    Jason mackenzieposted 4 months ago

Dear Hubbers,

Could you please give me some feedback about my article? The article is about how does mould grow on the walls and some possible ways of removing the mould.

It was featured when I first submitted to Hubpages however, it didn't get published after I've added a link to my blogger. After removing the link and making some changes for several times, the article still didn't get featured. I'm really curious about what's the exact problem is sad

Would be great if dear hubbers could provide me with some useful guidance.

Thanks,
    Jason

1. chasmac profile image97
      chasmacposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I can't see much wrong with it - a couple of typos, but not enough to fail QAP. Here they are anyway, as I'm sure you'd like to fix them.

Contrary to the popular opinion, mould and mildew are not same.
      Contrary to popular opinion, mould and mildew are not the same.

...the relative humidity is not allowed to exceed beyond 50%. ("beyond" is superfluous here)

However there is flip side too ...
      However, there is a flip side too ...

Also, one text capsule contains a lot of bolded words. HP frowns on that as Google sees too many bolded words as a way of trying to unfairly grab the attention of the Googlebot that evaluates the article content - a bit similar to keyword stuffing. I'm not sure if that still holds true. I used to get warnings if too many words were bolded, but removing bolding that had been there for a couple of years or more hasn't made any difference to views from Google as far as I can see.

I notice also that you haven't provided a source for your photos. As you know providing a source is optional in the photo capsule, so it can't fail QAP for that reason. However, they do seem to insist on it for the niche sites, and as this is the type of Hub that would be a good candidate for a niche site, you should consider adding sources.

Good luck - it's a well written Hub with useful info so I'm sure it's just a case of waiting for it to be featured.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I'm wondering if it's the English spelling of mould they don't like? Perhaps try it with 'mold'? I've noticed that my English spelling has often been 'corrected'.

2. Jason mackenzie profile image88

Hi, thanks - will just work the pointers that you have provided. The images that I have used are copyright free so it is not mandatory to provide the source. And like you pointed out, it is not a criterion for QAP so I don't think that is the reason. Thanks for your inputs, regards...

3. Jason mackenzie profile image88

Hi...tried that - it is showing as an error. Then reverted back to mould and all the red underlines disappeared. Thanks all the same...

1. theraggededge profile image96

That's a browser thing, surely? My browser underlines typos regardless of what page I'm typing into. You probably have yours set to British spelling same as mine.

4. Jason mackenzie profile image88

Hub follows British English and that is why they are accepting 'mould'. 'Mold' I think becomes American English and hence the spelling error.

5. Jason mackenzie profile image88

Yes...mine is set to UK English...but could this be the reason for the hub not being approved?

1. theraggededge profile image96

I'm not sure. I doubt it. I haven't looked at the hub yet. My internet connection is playing up today. I'll go now.

I'm getting 'Page not found'.

6. chasmac profile image97
    chasmacposted 4 months ago

No, UK/ US spelling can't be the reason. I had an old Hub edited with my UK spellings 'corrected' and moved to a niche site. I emailed to complain about the spelling changes (given that HP states they accept UK English) and got a nice apology and invitation to correct their corrections. .

Edit - Just checked. I'm getting 'Page not found' too.

7. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 4 months ago

I know that British English is fine, it was just the one word mould/mold I wondered about. You might get a Qapper who doesn't recognise it.

- It's worth checking the difference re Adword searches. I'll do it now.... No they are the same. However 'mold' is almost twice the value bid amount (the amount advertisers offer per click).

None of that will have any effect on QAP

8. Jason mackenzie profile image88

Hi everyone...had this been the case, the article would not have got featured like it did. Then I inserted a link and it got unfeatured. So I removed the link but it is still stuck in the QAP, although everything else is same. I wonder what I should do next....thanks for helping none the less!!!

working