jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: List of all Google Programs, Services &...

1. compu-smart profile image71
    compu-smartposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article List of all Google Programs, Services & Projects. What can I do to improve? Thanks!.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi HP team. thanks again for giving me the opportunity, and heads-up and encouragement to improve my articles. I have updated this hub (List of Google Programs) and tried to submit it, but received this message... Sorry, but you can't submit this article right now. This article is not Featured. Any help and advice is always appreciated. Many thanks. Tony

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

What a great article - love it.

You'll need to lose ALL the Wikipedia (and other) links. HubPages needs your article to be complete without sending people off-site for more information.

Get rid of the list of countries - not necessary. People know whether it's available to them or not.

Place all your capsules full-width. The facility to right-align is being removed. Check mobile preview to see how it looks.

Remove the request for 'thumbs-up'. That no longer exists.

Make sure none of your descriptions are copy and pasted or your hub will be flagged for duplicate content. Must be in your own words.

Good luck, I hope it passes.

compu-smartposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hi theraggededge

I have removed ALL the Wikipedia (and other) links.

I got rid of the list of countries.

All my capsules are now full-width. 

I have removed the request for thumbs-up.

I have made sure none the descriptions are copy and pasted.

BIG THANKS again for taking your time out to help smile

2. Terrielynn1 profile image93
      Terrielynn1posted 2 months agoin reply to this

Look like its featured now. You just need to remove all the half capsules and 1/2 size video. we are suppose to make everything full width now. This is a very extensive list.

Hello again theraggededg, Terrielynn1, and pen promulgates

I keep getting emails telling me my article (List Of Google Products and Services) could be featured. I have implemented all your advice, as well as completely overhauling and updating it, yet I keep getting this message every time I try to submit it.

Sorry, but you can't submit this article right now. This article is not Featured.

Any help - advice as always would be fantastic.

Okay, let's have a look at it again. I'll just try to work out what I would do, so all suggestions are optional smile

Delete the caption "This page is not affiliated with Google" The word 'affiliated' may be tripping the filters.

The Google Doodles image is of poor quality, see if you can replace it. Make sure all images are the best quality you can get. I've seen Google stuff on Pixabay. They can be used without attribution.

Put your subheadings into title case.

Write a more substantial intro and outro. In other words, add some more actual writing.

Such a shame you can't link to the actual 'facilities', but there we go.

Try those things and see what happens.

If you are really at a loss as to why it can't get featured, ask Robin at editors@hubpages.com She's really helpful and is doing a lot of the niche site editing at the moment.

BIG THANKS Bev.

I've implemented your great, and needed advice, the rest  I'm on it like a flea on a comet.

A virtual high-five, hug, or handshake, which ever you feel comfortable with was sent your way if you'd  accept smile

BIG THANKS again.

Tone.

Welkie smile

I would highly recommend everyone take the time out to update their hubs. All the hours and days its taken me, and the pain in my wrists have all been worth it. Now it's time for my next hub to be updated and improved.  I always say, nothing is perfect, everything has room for improvement.

How to update hubs to increase traffic.
                https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … se-traffic

How to Improve the Quality of a Hub
                https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … y-of-a-Hub

2. pen promulgates profile image41
    pen promulgatesposted 2 months ago

True. It's quite an extensive article.
    As advised by Bev, remove the outgoing links.
    Also, as information is plenty, rather than a callout, you may use a capsule.
    Good luck!

Thanks Pen;)

working