jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Aggregating Poorly Performing Hubs

1. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 4 months ago

So I have a few related hubs which haven't had traffic in 30 days. Would it be a good idea to "sweep them up" and aggregate them into a new hub?  Is “The whole greater than the sum of its parts” ? All the hubs are quite short so when put together, there would be more content, more photos and I could turn it into an "X ways" of doing things type hub (Just had a déjà vu recollection that I asked this question before)

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 months agoin reply to this

It sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

2. melissae1963 profile image87
    melissae1963posted 4 months ago

Don't sweep them up and put them into another hub; just update and submit for publishing again. Then, once it's republished, share on social media. It is amazing how just a little dusting off can help.

eugbugposted 4 months agoin reply to this

The plan is to create a totally new hub so it gets considered for a niche site.

1. chef-de-jour profile image90
        chef-de-jourposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Niche is the way to go I think, unless you're wanting to put the revamped hub/hubs on your own site. I've had good success editing older hubs and submitting them for the niche sites. Little by little I'm refreshing the whole lot.

3. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago

As I was just discussing on another thread, my view is that it's vital to get your Hubs moved to the niche sites.  In spite of the recent setback, the niche sites are where the traffic is and therefore where the income is.   

How short is short?   The ideal length for a Hub is around 1,500 words.   If the Hubs fit logically together and the result will be less than 2,500 words long, then it's definitely worth aggregating.

eugbugposted 4 months agoin reply to this

There are 3 hubs, loosely related with 762, 851 and 640 words.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Yes, definitely make them one Hub in that case.

4. Oscarlites profile image45
    Oscarlitesposted 4 months ago

I'm sorry but articles on this site are not exposed to the web, its like they are hid under a secondary umbrella, with a lower classification. you will do better to market them on another site as suggested. This is a good site perhaps to create and to store your work.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 months agoin reply to this

What a strange comment.  Why do you think articles on this site are "not exposed to the web"?   They definitely are - unless they have been marked "unFeatured" for some reason, which means HubPages has decided to deliberately hide them from Google. 

I took a quick look at one or two of your Hubs and I wonder if you are fully aware of all the changes that have happened at HubPages over the years.  Your Hubs use some outdated practices such as adding lots of links, or writing a big block of text followed by a bunch of photos instead of mixing them up.   I wrote a Hub about How to Optimize your Hubs, you'll find it on the slider on my profile.  I think  you might find it helpful in getting your Hubs "exposed to the web".

5. Natalie Frank profile image96
    Natalie Frankposted 4 months ago

Probably 1 hub with a higher word count and more pictures that might be featured on a niche site seems like the better option.

working