How our article gets accepted here?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Whispering Night profile image64
    Whispering Nightposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13565200.jpg
    The choice to feature my short stories which talk about life or any other article by anyone depends deeply on the personality of the person. How creative that person is or understands the simplicity of the message. Is that person is very normal to think nothing more than the day to day life and not able to have a powerful imagination? Is our article reduced to just one person opinion and that will speak for the entire world? In spite of all the grammar correction that person can still have preconceived thought about an article. Does that person often get bored with life and not able to appreciate anything? Our article fate lies in the hands of the person's personality rather than making honest and clear-minded decision about our work. Sometimes the same article can be very inspiring and be motivated in other person's eye. I believe if the person not able to appreciate a good work then they can change the person who reviews our article and can do a good job. The person can improve the article and make it better for everyone instead of handing the article to a monotonous person.

1. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you understand what goes on here at HubPages. You are giving the staff much more credits...or power, they don't really have.
      There are only 25 staff members. There are thousands of hubs submitted daily. Do the math...
      There is no way a person is behind the quality assessment process.
      It is done for the most part automatically by some software algorithm. They look at various basic factors such as the number of words, grammer, number of quality images, formating, and layout...very little is done based on content of subject matter or quality of article or the artistic content...
      I did a simple test a while back proofing what I just stated empirically. No one has disputed my claim so far. This process is very rudimentary. Once you understand what they are looking for, it is so easy to work around it. Our human brain is ten times more superior than any artificial intelligence system...

1. jackclee lm profile image80
        jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Here is the hub I used as test case -
        "Ideal-Debate-Format"
        You can do a search on hubpages.
        I cannot add the link here since it is a violation of rules - no self promotion...

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You can't add it, but I can

https://hubpages.com/politics/Ideal-Debate-Format

I must say it's a surprise to me that such a Hub can be accepted and published, since it's so lacking in meaningful content - but one thing that Whispering Night should note, is that it's written with good spelling and grammar.

2. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 6 years ago

I sometimes feel that way with articles I submit to the niche sites.

3. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

That's why I have my own website. I have total control over what gets published. I recommend you set your own up too. Every writer needs their own space and place smile

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree. It's a great feeling to have a website of your own where you can do what you want, write what you want the way you want to. Kind of liberating, relaxing  and pretty fun.

4. Whispering Night profile image64

If someone feels less human and have no love inside him. Looks at the world like a piece of hard rock then he will fail to appreciate anything about life. Bless those who have a tender heart like a flower and care for our world

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

This site has rules, you either follow the rules or post somewhere else.  That is one of the basic rules of life: Your house, your rules.

6. profile image0
    TheWritingHubposted 6 years ago

Always stay open to criticism.  I have found that it's the singlemost tool that can elevate you to the next level.

7. Whispering Night profile image64

https://hubpages.com/literature/Meeting-Mozart

Check the above link. This story is done in a creative manner. I suspect some Mozart hater is not supporting this story. Most probably a hardcore heavy metal or Eminem fan. I still believe a change of the reviewer will be good.This story talks and supports a man who dedicated his entire life to music. I look at the skull of Mozart and stare at his eyes and see how human he is. While researching about Mozart I came across a subject called Mozart and scatology. I didn't include any of it in my story.

1. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Praveen, I read your Mozart story. You spent a lot of time and research on it, so I applaud you. The problem is that you choose to write in English and that is not your first language. Because the hub is so long (maybe too long for most readers) it becomes difficult for fluent English speakers to read it as the text has a lot of grammatical errors and the tense is constantly switching from past to present. I sincerely suggest that you install a program called "Grammarly." It will help you greatly.
      I don't think any Mozart hater is out to punish you.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Don't be silly. The same problems appear in this hub as with your others, i.e. English grammar issues and awkward phrasing. She sobbed and he winked? How can you blame the editors? It has absolutely nothing to do with Mozart and everything to do with your English.

You have a good heart and you are trying very hard, but you need to understand that, at present, your writing is not up to the standard required. Don't give up though - keep working at it.

8. Whispering Night profile image64

Thank you for taking the time to point out the actual mistakes. I was really looking for a clue for what went wrong with the story. I will correct the tense of the story. I will read a lot of books to improve the language quality. English is the only language I know to write and express. The hub became longer since I wanted to cover every aspect of Mozart life  I did check for mistakes and read it many times. I will check it again.Thank you Jodah and raggededge

9. Whispering Night profile image64

I am already working on another story. Bringing back long forgotten part of history back to our world before that I will fix the error in the Mozart story.

1. theraggededge profile image96

It's good that you are determined to succeed. However, I hate to think of you wasting your time to have another hub rejected. Have you access to some advanced English classes or some way of improving your grammar? I'm wondering if enrolling in Khan academy would be good for you? It's free.

Here's an introduction: https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/ … to-grammar

If not, there will be many other teachers on YouTube. It's also important, as you read English, to study the construction of sentences. If you want something more advanced, there is Udemy. You usually have to pay for courses there, but they have $10 sales all the time.

You might also look for writing courses - for non-fiction and short stories. There are certain ways to construct articles and stories that help them to flow. Again, there are many free resources out there.

Edit: I wanted to point out that your forum posts are usually better written, grammatically, than your hubs.

1. Susan Sears profile image90
        Susan Searsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The grammerly app will pick up a lot of her errors. It is a very easy to use.
        The website is https://www.grammarly.com

10. Whispering Night profile image64

Yes. When I talk it's totally different. I see the story visually in my mind than seeing as a written interpretation. Great writers directly see the words first. I am also an untrained painter. Good with water colors and acrylic but I have no knowledge of oil painting. Thank you for your suggestion I see what can be done. For now, I am reading many books to improve the language style.

I made accurate details about Mozart life.I don’t think there are many errors. I already corrected a lot. If the moderators give a slight clue from their side it will be helpful. I would know where I went wrong.

Hope they put this article on hub pro and correct any grammar error.This is Mozart, not any other person!!!

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

On a content site it is your job to produce correct grammar and all parts of the finished product.  If you need an editor you need to get one yourself or submit to a market that supplies one.

11. Whispering Night profile image64

Hi psycheskinner,

Please give a rough rapid glance at my story and tell me if there are still any grammar mistake present. I corrected the tense suggested by Jodah.

12. Whispering Night profile image64

Hello friends,

If you find any grammatical error in this hub. Please tell me. Thank you.

There are lots. Too many to list. Start with the title smile

13. Whispering Night profile image64

A well-known professor helped me improve this article is there still some mistake in the article.

14. Whispering Night profile image64

This is a simple story about a young woman meeting her Idol Mozart and tries to know him as a human being. What can be wrong with this simple concept. People make movies like Human Centipede. Anyway, I still believe grammar mistake is the only reason for the story to not get featured.

Yes, if you make grammar mistakes, your Hub will not be Featured.  HubPages requires you to write in fluent English which is grammatically correct.   

In that Hub, you constantly mix present and past tenses, all the way through the Hub. You need to fix them all.

2. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There is nothing wrong with the concept, but there are still problems with the tenses as well as plural and singular words etc. Even if a professor helped you, it still needs work to pass.

15. theraggededge profile image96

Look up the meaning of the word 'pretentious'. I'm sure you don't want your protagonist to be pretentious. Also 'addict' is not a synonym for fan or admirer.

It would be a good idea if you studied the construction of short stories, i.e. in this case, you could leave out a lot of unnecessary detail. Every word and sentence in a short story should move the narrative forward. If it is unimportant detail, leave it out. For example, you don't need the excruciatingly painful scene where your sobbing protagonist asks her winking boss for time off.

Another thing, you spell her name awkwardly - it would be better as Field, not Feild. The problem then is that it is the same as the famous actress. Maybe 'Feld' would be better?

16. Whispering Night profile image64

I like the name Sally feld. I replaced the words pretentious and addict with better words.

The story should sound like Mozart talking at the same time people should know a few events happened in history or they will feel disconnected with his answers.

I have to make Sally cry to show that she worked for many years without a break.I removed the winking boss and made him sound more of a caring and understanding boss.

I am checking many sites that talks about constructing a short story. Thanks to you.

17. Whispering Night profile image64

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13570715.jpg

I corrected possible grammar mistakes. Still some errors?

18. Whispering Night profile image64

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13570901.jpg

I am new to HubPages. Yes, your hub got featured even though it is out of topic. That's very funny.

But you did mention about  words written in clear English and grammatically correct

So I think I am lacking here

Dear friends  save these Mozart answers

We have to tap our creative, go back in time and feel the past. Say bye bye to the modern world. Take a candle light and listen to the stories of our ancestors.

Okay anyone still think this hub is grammatically irregular. please do tell me. I welcome all kind of suggestion.

I think it is still 'grammatically irregular', and I wish you'd stop posting images in your messages. They serve no purpose and mean extra scrolling. Annoying for those on smartphones.

19. Whispering Night profile image64

Okay, I keep that in my mind.But I think the answers from Mozart don't have any mistakes.

You'll just have to wait for QAP to review it again. Let us know how it goes.

20. theraggededge profile image96

I had another look and you are still mixing up your tenses. Also, including all that extra stuff about Sally's job is really not necessary to the story. You could actually begin the story at the visit to Mozart's home. Nothing that goes before has any impact or relevance. Not only that, there are obvious 'holes' in the narrative. No-one works for years without any time off unless they have been enslaved. If Sally works in a regular office, in any western country, she is entitled to an annual break. It's part of an employment contract. So as soon as you write things like that, the story loses credibility.

We don't care that Sally has a poodle, or who is looking after it. None of that is relevant or interesting or important to the story. You really need to get this.

In your bio you say you are a student of the arts, in particular, scriptwriting. Scriptwriting can help a lot with short stories as they consist of a lot of dialogue. Dialogue is what helps move a story forward briskly. Description slows it down and makes it harder to digest.

Women rarely whistle at taxis. I can do it but I'd have to put all my luggage down to do it. So why can't she wave at a taxi?

If Sally is a huge Mozart lover, she will already know most of the books that have been written about him, especially like the one you describe. Why do we need to know the intricate details of the purchase. Sally is most likely going to wave her contactless debit card and breeze off without a heart-to-heart exchange with old wrinkly woman. You have to prune your story hard. Adding extraneous detail doesn't make it better. I promise you.

"The clock keeps ticking", not "The clock keeps ticking with noise". Witching hour is midnight till 1:00am.

Why doesn't she immediately shriek and run from the room? That's what I would do. Is Mozart in the way? She seems to get very rational very quickly. Most people would wet their pants if they encountered a ghost in their hotel room. Within one paragraph, she's got the book in hand, ready to interview him. This stretches credibility beyond the realms of imagination. Not one person is going to do this, are they. At the very least, she's going to be quite hysterical to have a strange man in her room, even if it is Mozart. It might be better if he says, "I can see you are upset, and I can understand that, so why don't I come back tomorrow night when you've had a chance to think about it. Maybe you could ask me some questions?"

During their conversation, refer to Sally as Sally, not by her full name.

'Women are the one who makes my life go ahead.'? What does that mean? Sally doesn't even ask. She jumps straight to the next question without exploring the one she just asked. Conversation doesn't happen like that, does it?

"This capsule"... you've left something there smile

Now she jumps back to love. Then back to music. Why? Then he mentions his 'troops'. I thought there was no music in heaven? Inconsistent. Who are his troops? Why doesn't Sally question what he says? Then after he tells her all this, she asks, "Do you still create music?" What? He just told her he makes it up in his head. Can you see how nutty this all sounds?

I've given up now. I can't go on! It's way tooooo long.

Remember that a decent short story has conflict in it. It can't be a rambling account of inconsistencies. Something has to happen. And it needs to draw the reader in and want them to keep reading. I didn't. It just got too boring and dull. What are you going to do to turn into a story someone might want to read? You need to restrict it to around 2,000 words for a start.

Set-up, conflict, resolution.

And the ending (I skipped ahead)... she bought Johnny 10 live parakeets in a box? What kind of ending is that?

21. Whispering Night profile image64

Thank for taking the time to point out the errors.

This is already a short story I can’t make it any smaller.

I want to make the Sally be real in everyone’s mind

She is a lonely person and didn’t have a family so work became her life. She didn’t even care about taking an annual vacation.

The poodle is the only companion in Sally’s life.

I imagined Sally as a wild child that why I made her whistle.

Reading written record is still different from meeting the real person.

The wrinkled lady makes a classic guest appearance

I corrected the sentence the clock keeps ticking

Witching hour corrected I didn’t notice I put am thanks to you

I have seen many real ghosts they haven’t harmed me till date. There are certain ghosts which will make you react the way you explained. Mozart is a decent dignified man and looks very much like a human nothing like Evil Dead. I think you see Ghost the movie way. There is a ghost which doesn’t have a face I saw with my own eyes.

She knows Mozart is a genius and she has a lot of respect for him. Mozart is a sad looking person.
    Why tell Sally full name all the time?

'Women are the one who makes my life go ahead. It means woman’s love is what makes life meaningful for Mozart. Without them, he is in the empty desert. For me, a poodle will be fun.
    I removed the unwanted capsule

Mozart mention about his troop when he was alive not in heaven

Giving parakeets to a child is an act of love.

You need to read the story with love and emotion. You have to make it look real in your mind. That’s why I said you have to come out of the modern world.

Your insight has been very helpful

22. Whispering Night profile image64

A woman from Wales helped me correct the article. Grammarly sometime misguides us. I believe this article is clear of any mistakes. Hubpages moderator can use Hubpro if small mistakes are there. I saved this article so that I can compare it with the edited one on Hubpro. It will be a learning experience for me. So I can do better with my future articles. Thanks.

You mix past and present tense constantly, all the way through the article.  You need to fix it.

23. Whispering Night profile image64

If you read the thread I already mentioned me lacking in grammar to jackclee lm.

So I assume you read the updated version.

Anyway if hubpro can fix the errors. It will be a learning experience for me.

They won't though - it's your job, not theirs. They will fix very small ones, but not when the hub is so long and so full of errors. It's easier for them to reject it.

24. Whispering Night profile image64

You mean the article still filled with error. Even after the good woman from Wales corrected the article for me.

It is not so lengthy. It is still a short story when compared to a 500-page novel. The main aim is to present the Mozart life to the world. It became very easy to understand when I put the story in the form of a conversation. It talks about the real life experience of Mozart and not a fictional one. The pain and agony he went through during his short time in our world.

I suggest you listen to the soundtrack of the movie theory of everything when reading this. The music is full of up and down just like Mozart life. I listen to various soundtracks while writing stories. You feel a beginning, a middle and an end in music too.

I didn't correct all the grammatical errors - there are too many. How about you get someone to do it on Fivrr?

Here, first sentence: "Sally Feld is a woman in mid-thirties"... "in her mid 30s". You keep leaving out essential pronouns - her.

Second sentence: "She always thought she has a brilliant mind" - "had a brilliant mind". Or "She thinks she has a brilliant mind." Got to keep your tenses together. See how you mixed the two - past (thought) and present (has)?

Third sentence: "Being alone without a family in her apartment she never felt any responsibility except taking care of her little poodle Gracy."  If she is alone, we can assume she doesn't live with her family. You don't have to say the same thing twice. So...

"Living alone in her apartment with only her poodle, Gracy, for company." We can assume she takes care of the dog. Don't use so many words, when a few will paint the same picture.

I could go on, but I haven't the time. There is a grammatical or phrasing  error in every sentence in your first paragraph. And you are still mixing up your tenses like a crazy tense mixing thing.

Here, I found this. It might help you. https://www.jerryjenkins.com/how-to-wri … t-stories/

25. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 6 years ago

I think the article is fine. Here is a secret I have found. When an article is rejected for whatever reason, sometimes, if you just make a small change, and republish. It will be featured. It may take a few try but it works for me 90% of the time. With each edit and submission, the QAP relaxes a bit. Give it a try...

26. Whispering Night profile image64

Hi jackclee lm, Thank you for advice

Hi, Belair Realty. Thanks for the appreciation

Thanks, theraggededge for posting the link. It was really helpful. I will fix the tenses and remove extra words

Only in this story, I am using interview style to cover the life of Mozart. I am not going to repeat this style again. My other stories will be different. Mozart sees Sally as a child. He is 262 years old.

I promised myself that I should come with at least one story a week. But this story correction taking a long time that makes me worry a bit.

I  am taking story writing seriously. It became a kind of obsession in my life. The process of doing research and creating the story is very interesting. Don't want to give blank space in my life and fill it with stories whenever I find the time. I left-hand painting long time ago but I find story writing gives the same joy just like a painting. You need emotions to paint and you need emotions to write a story too.

The bottom line is that you need to find another site to publish these writings, because you will have this problem with every single story you try to write on HubPages.  There are plenty of choices.  How about Tumblr?

27. Whispering Night profile image64

I will rather follow raggededge direction. She is really very helpful.  Thank you.

Yes, RaggedEdge has been very helpful BUT don't expect her to offer the same level of help on all your future stories. That is what I mean. 

It is obvious your English isn't good enough to get your stories to the required standard for HubPages.  Your helper from Wales obviously does not have good enough English either.  If you can find someone else to proofread and correct every one of your articles, then that could work.  If not, then you will keep on having the same trouble with every Hub and eventually, everyone will get tired of trying to help you.

28. Whispering Night profile image64

You don't understand this. Person A wants to say something to me I welcome that BUT person A also talks about person B and predicted the activities of others. Now, person B agrees with person A.

I tried to be diplomatic since the beginning but I am very clearly humiliated to the point that I have to write back ( The language tone was certainly rude I can sense it very clearly). I am a classic type of person and want to be treated like a gentleman, not like some drug addict on the road.

I wrote many stories on my own.

You mean I can have my own blog spot filled with grammar mistakes. No, I want my story to be perfect.

You did your best and it made a big difference. I can continue from there. I don't want to bother you in any way.

My other stories look very different from this one. I am a history lover.

This story as its own concept. A simplified interview with truth in it. I have never seen the movie Interview with the Vampire.

Originally I intended to write about Mozart life in a cinematic manner. Then the story looked very heavy I have to cover every detail of his short life and don't want to create a fictional event about his life. People can find his life information easily from many sites and I don't want to repeat it. Then the idea of including cute Sally occurred to me (originally the name supposed to be Jessica Lively) The story became simplified with one line question and answer. The idea of Mozart sister looking at the window was mine. 

My next story will be completely different and nothing to do with departed human beings. One thing is the story will be appealing to some and it might not for some depending on their personality and attitude.

I know people are here for to earn money. Even the hub pages need you guys to make money for them. I am just one of you guys.smile

When I get free time in the office, I use those time to write stories. Last time I got 5 weeks of free time. I also spend a little time on writing story before going to bed. Now I am again free.

Praveen, not one person has humiliated you and you are quite clearly missing the point of what we are trying to say.

HubPages is not a site where you can expect other people to teach you how to write, or correct your articles so they are 'perfect'. This is work you have to do for yourself. We have repeatedly explained to you why your work is not being accepted - not by us, but by HubPages Quality Assessment.

HubPages is for accomplished writers to publish commercially viable articles. I can't state it any clearer than that.

At the present, you are not an accomplished writer (you have potential, of course), and your work is not commercially viable.

Now you can get upset and angry and blame Marisa or me, but what we say is fact. Right now, you are not writing articles that HubPages needs or wants. Therefore, if you want to continue with this material, you should publish elsewhere.

Telling us that we should read your work while listening to soundtracks in order to appreciate it is futile. We are not the ones you need to persuade - those are the unseen moderators and MTurkers who assess your work. I can assure you that they are doing it for money, not for spiritual enlightenment. They are hard-headed and practical. They are paid by volume, therefore they are practised at taking in a piece of writing in one glance. If what they see does not fall in line with HubPages' guidelines, it is rejected. 

How many rejections are you going to accept before you learn this lesson? The simple truth is that you should go work on your English, learn about structuring articles and stories, write as much as you can, ask for criticism, improve some more, and THEN come back to HubPages.

29. Whispering Night profile image64

I forgive everyone including myself. Let's not go any further with this matter and not take it personally
    Mozart story is a beautiful story to be told for generations to come.

Thank you for your support. I find lots of story building site and grammar improving website. You can take rest from my article.

I don't see improving grammar as an enormous and impossible task. It can be improved easily within a week.

Short stories are very different they don't talk in a  newspaper article or commercial magazine manner. It gives freedom to talk about anything. It is completely artistic. I prefer to talk about life in my stories.

In Mozart story, I didn't lie a single thing about him only Sally part and Mozart sister part constructed by me.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If it is all true, it is not a short story, it is an article--so all those technical requirements apply. So yes, you need to learn them.  I wish you well with that.

30. Whispering Night profile image64

Thank you.

31. Whispering Night profile image64

Yes, I did use Grammarly and it helped me to some extent. Thank you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)