What was HP thinking by moving my post from Exemplore to Paired Life?!

1. misterhollywood profile image96
    misterhollywoodposted 5 months ago

Hi, all,

I have a question. I have a hub that was listed number TWO on Google under Exemplore niche. It shot up to number 2 once it moved from Hubpages to Exemplore and was getting hundreds of visitors a day (sometimes over a thousand).

Now, HP has suddenly moved it from Exemplore to Paired Life. It's dropped from a number 2 listing on Google down to 5 and appears to keep dropping!

Why on earth would HP  move a highly successful hub like this? I understand Paired Life is about dating and relationships but Exemplore is all about astrology as well.

Sorry but you don't get much better than number two on Google (except for being number 1). Very frustrating to see this. Had HP consulted me, I would have advised them NOT to move that hub. It could very well have gone to number one had it been left alone.

Sorry folks, just very frustrating to see this.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 months ago

Thanks for posting this. I took a look at your articles just to make sure the correct decision was made.  We try hard to avoid needing to move articles and I can understand why it's frustrating, but it does happen.

We have a process that reviews articles on the vertical sites. One of the criteria we look at is the topic of the article. In cases where we made a mistake, authors rewrite articles or there is a much better fit for the article, the editor can suggest an article for another site. In this case, your article that is about dating was suggested to be moved and accepted by the pairedlife editor.

The general rule for editors is to only move things when there is a much better fit for the article.

Traffic can fluctuate in the short term when things are moved, but over the long term, by maintaining the focus of Network sites, they should perform better.

Give it about 30 days, and I suspect the ranking signals will get updated.

1. misterhollywood profile image96
      misterhollywoodposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Thanks, Paul. I do appreciate the response. Let's see if it moves. Maybe it will.

working