jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Laughter is the Best Medicine Quote has Proven 15 B

1. profile image60
    majidaliaqatposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Laughter is the Best Medicine Quote has Proven 15 Benefits (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. AliciaC profile image96
    AliciaCposted 2 months ago

There are some English problems in your article, but I think that a more serious problem is the health claims that you make for laughter. You say that studies and research exist to support some of your claims, but you don't say where the studies were performed or include references. Saying that laughter increases the level of white blood cells that fight cancer is interesting, for example, but you need to show your readers that you got the information from an authoritative source.

Another claim that stood out for me was the one which says that laughter is the best medicine for depression. Depression can sometimes be a serious mental health problem that requires professional help. It's risky to make claims about the "best" treatment for a health problem if you aren't a medical professional.

I hope you can make enough changes to get the article featured.

3. profile image60

Hey
    Thanks for reply. Actually,when i first posted this article then i added link of each study so user could check the research behind every claim i made. However, i removed all links because hubpages quality teams might think that i am promoting my links;while it was not the case. I removed all research links, because i am not spamming in any way. I just want to contribute.

1. AliciaC profile image96
      AliciaCposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi again, majidaliaqat. I know from personal experience that HubPages doesn't consider links to reputable research institutions to be spam, as long as the links don't benefit us commercially. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

4. profile image60

Thanks.

5. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 2 months ago

The English in the article is awkward and it's hard to understand the title without reading it a few times.

In addition, the photos look like stock photos. Try to liven the article up by sprucing it with a picture you've made or pictures that better convey a message.

Also, cite your sources. For an article like this, which is a medical article, your sources should be both authoritative reputable such as those found on a university website or in a peer-reviewed journal.

Edit the English, though. Really. Also, take a look at hubs on network sites and see how they look compared to yours to get some ideas of your weak spots.

working