jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is laughing the best medicine?

1. alfredfox profile image77
    alfredfoxposted 7 years ago

Is laughing the best medicine?

2. leni sands profile image74
    leni sandsposted 7 years ago

Laughing is the best medicine of all for most things...I should imagine there are some serious illnesses that it helps as addition to the vital medicines.

3. Christi_36 profile image53
    Christi_36posted 7 years ago

not always, somtimes you can't laugh. And if you did try it wouldn't be genuine

4. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

NO,...CONTENTMENT is. Laughter is a release of spirit.
    The world seek it's energy to fill the vold in their life because they need and desire pleasure and satisfaction.
    CONTENTMENT will be there 24/7 with or without laughter.
    There are many ways to smile...and i have met each one.If you like you can read my hub on the subject call..."Laughteristics".

5. thooghun profile image82
    thooghunposted 7 years ago

Laughing is always a boon, but medicine is usually the best medicine.

6. C.A. Johnson profile image70
    C.A. Johnsonposted 7 years ago

No matter what the pain is or where it originated when something is really funny...you'll laugh and be freer for the experience.

7. SilentReed profile image81
    SilentReedposted 7 years ago

No, real medicine like antibiotics are still the best for healing illness. Although laughing can stimulate the endorphins. a neurochemical  occurring naturally in the brain to act as an analgesic to help relieve the pain. But whether in sickness or in health, laughter is still the best bottled sunshine. :-)

8. profile image47
    MARIAMORTAposted 7 years ago

Yes, it is for sure.

Even suffering all these atrocities for so long, I found in laughing, in a forceful manner, yesterday, plenty of energy.

Pls see hubpages.com/profile/MARIAMORTA  and help me getting justice before I die, die belonging to human kind, as 'one of you', that is, free.

Am slaved for about 10 ys, AU, by now.

9. dilipchandra12 profile image79
    dilipchandra12posted 7 years ago

Laughing is found to lower blood pressure, reduce stress hormones, increase muscle flexion, and boost immune function by raising levels of infection-fighting T-cells, disease-fighting proteins called Gamma-interferon and B-cells, which produce disease-destroying antibodies. Laughter also triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural painkillers, and produces a general sense of well-being.

10. annewhitefield profile image60
    annewhitefieldposted 7 years ago

Laughter is. not laughing. there is a difference between the two.

working