jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How much is 'Too much content' or 'Not enough'

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

Hi
    Although Im not new anymore in terms of when I signed up ,I still feel quite the rookie so would be grateful for any feedback.
    To my shame Ive discovered I can be quite lazy with grammer and a kind person pointed it out to me. Now I mutter under my breath ,remember spellcheck, remember spellcheck.

Have I used too much content?    http://hubpages.com/hub/Long-Distance-R … -Date-Line

Have I used too little? http://hubpages.com/hub/Too-Young-To-Have-A-Baby

Thank-you.

2. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 8 years ago

No smile

I don't think that there is such a thing as "too long." I aim for 1500 - 2000 words. Some would say that's "too long." After that point I break it down into more than one hub smile

3. Bob Cedar profile image48
    Bob Cedarposted 8 years ago

No it's cool. Look at Stephen King, he had brilliant books that were 1000+ pages and brilliant stories that were only like 50 pages long. If the writing is interesting there is no such thing as too long or too short, and let me tell you, your writing is interesting. big_smile

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

I think you need to write enough to be complete. For some topics 500 to 800 is plenty. For other topics that's the introduction.

Go for completeness and use for your reader. And let that be your guide.

If in 2 months you're not happy with the traffic you're getting, then I'd review the strategy. I've written hubs as short as 700 words and as long as 3,500 words.

5. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 8 years ago

I have a few that are still at 500 words and I don't think I can get them to be much longer. Nelle is right about this. I review hubs and clean them up frequently smile

Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow I am just over the moon with your feedback ,thanks so much for taking the time,I respect you guys so much.
      Just one other thing is there like a word count somewhere that Ive missed.....

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

Yes, click on stats, then hub metrics.

Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou Nelle, very helpful!( stats button),got so carried away almost forgot to come back and thankyou lol

working