jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Question About Earnings - I am a beginner*

1. jennialine profile image61
    jennialineposted 2 months ago

I just put together a profile to begin writing for HubPages. From here, do I just start blogging and will earnings come in or do I need to setup more to begin the earnings process? I have only ever blogged for websites that do direct deposit, so I do not know how this specific earning process works. If you could please explain this to me step-by-step if it is more specific than just writing and earning, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi there, welcome to HubPages.

Firstly, this is not a blogging site. Not even close. Before you even think about earnings, find out what the site is about:

Start with the FAQ http://hubpages.com/faq/

Then browse the Learning Center: https://hubpageshelp.com

HubPages expects well-written, fully-formed, magazine-style articles of 800 - 1500 words. Images must be legal-to-use and appropriate.

Once you have written at least 10 approved and featured articles, you can apply for an Adsense account, if you haven't already got one. For a while, you'll earn pennies. Then as you become more accomplished your earnings will increase. It takes determination and stamina. HubPages is no easy-earnings site.

Good luck!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi jennialine,

You'll probably want to start with this article for an overview of how earnings on HubPages work.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

Like RaggedEdge says, HubPages is not a place to blog.  It's a place to write long, informative, in-depth articles (called Hubs).   Each one should be at least 800 words long, but you should aim for more if you really want to do well.

The Learning Centre has all the information but it's huge, and can be overwhelming for beginners.  I have a few Hubs with basic information about how to Hub - you'll find them on the slider on my profile.

working