jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Submit this article for consideration to a HubPages Network Site?

1. em_saenz profile image28
    em_saenzposted 5 months ago

Why should I do this?

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Another ex-squid here smile HubPages created a bunch of other sites that showcase the best quality writing. When you publish a new hub it will automatically be considered for a network (or niche, or vertical) site. The 'Submit to a network site' button is for articles you think stand a decent chance of being moved. You can submit an existing hub every 14 days. Network sites get more exposure and traffic. Hubpages itself is now a sort of collection point for all the rest.

The network moderators/assessors are pretty strict. My advice would be to make sure your grammar is as spot-on as you can make it. Images legal-to-use, formatting neat and tidy, and only one Amazon capsule.

Since the network sites were introduced, traffic has increased along with earnings.

em_saenzposted 5 months agoin reply to this

very helpful, thanks

em_saenzposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Do I have to attach my bio to the article?

1. theraggededge profile image100
            theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Yes, you should for a network site. Go into Edit mode. Look down the right-hand side. Click Display Options, you can add a bio specific to the hub right there.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago

Quick note to explain bios - you should write a short bio that indicates you have some experience or qualifications relevant to the article.    If you can't offer a solid background in a subject, try to think of something to say about it - e.g., for my beauty articles, I wrote "As a 60-something female, Marisa Wright is well aware of the challenges facing women throughout their life in health, beauty and fashion". 

As RaggedEdge says, HubPages has done what Helium attempted - it has split the site into several new sites, each one dedicated to a broad subject area.   The difference is that HubPages is hand-picking only the cream of its Hubs for those sites, and the transition went smoothly.  The result is that instead of crashing and burning like Helium, the new sites are doing well.  Hubs which get transferrred generally get more traffic and earn better income in the long term.

working