jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon's One Link Integration

1. toptengamer profile image91
    toptengamerposted 3 months ago

Now that Amazon is promoting their own One Link integration and no service is required, will HubPages use it?

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/he … /202164570

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/he … eonelinklp

Having used a geolocation service over the past year on my own sites, I've noticed about a 15% boost in overall commissions. That being said that service also includes Germany, Spain, France, and Italy as well as Canada and the UK. That being said as Canada and UK are the biggest players here, it seems like a great idea.

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I was wondering that. Have integrated it on my own site. Hope HubPages can do it.

2. Marketing Merit profile image89
      Marketing Meritposted 3 months agoin reply to this

It's certainly been a long time coming! Be nice if HP did start integrating it here although, there appears to be a shift away from Amazon.

I also use a plugin on my sites which changes the affiliate URL according to location. Trouble is, you have to use the long URL for it to work. Made quite a few sales in Canada, as it happens. 

All I need now, is for non-US residents to be paid monthly by direct bank transfer. They do it with Amazon KDP payments and it amazes me that still send out cheques for affiliate sales.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months agoin reply to this

I doubt this will happen because HP has a special deal with Amazon that pays writers about twice what Amazon affiliates make.  Would hate to lose that benefit as it makes a big difference in income.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I don't think the current deal is a barrier.   I'd expect Amazon to be quite keen for HubPages to take this on.  After all, right now if a British or Canadian person clicks on an Amazon product, they're sent to the US site and they're not likely to buy there.  It would be more money for HubPages, and for Amazon, and for us - win-win.

1. toptengamer profile image91
          toptengamerposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Right, and the difference this time is that instead of using a third party service One Link is Amazon's way of integrating UK and Canadian sales.

working