jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

My article was deleted for no reason.

1. poppyr profile image99
    poppyrposted 4 months ago

Hi everyone. I've been writing on Hubpages for three years now and really enjoying it. Two days ago I wrote "15 Nintendo 64 Games You're Never Too Old to Try". It took a few hours and I was pretty happy with it. I got a couple of comments and hoped it would be moved to LevelSkip.com like a lot of my game articles are.

But I logged in earlier and the article has vanished. No notification, no email, and it isn't even on the unpublished articles section on My Account.

I understand how basic rules work and didn't have any violations. Of course it isn't copied, either. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you get your article back? At least if HP doesn't like it I can move it to my own blog or something.

Any help is appreciated. smile

1. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Hello poppyr, Your article was moderated because the Mario Kart 64 image source link leads to a site with illegal downloads. I suggest replacing that image with one that does not come from that type of website.

poppyrposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Hello Matt, and thank you so much for explaining. Is there a way I can get my article back so that I can make the appropriate adjustments?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Moderated articles will still be in your account unless there was some super-weird glitch.

2. Matt Wells profile image
          Matt Wellsposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Psycheskinner is correct. Your article is in your HubPages account. Click the 'edit' button next to your article to make revisions.

I found it. Thank you so much for helping me.

2. Rock Artist profile image73
    Rock Artistposted 4 months ago

Whenever you write on a web 2.0 site like HubPages it's best to backup your work by downloading a copy onto your hard drive so that you have it in case something like this happens because basically you do not own it once you put it on their site. The good news is that it's easy to do I believe you right click on the page that you want to save and from there select the appropriate choice as to downloading a backup copy of your work onto your desktop.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 months agoin reply to this

A better way is to copy the article and then paste it into whatever word processing program you use.  Then you can put the article into a folder entitled "Articles" and save the folder to a flash drive.  I do this for every article and also create a folder of titles only.  All of this I categorize into topics so that I can easily find them if need be.  It's  a bit of work but has helped me so many times when I needed to update a title or article.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image94
    Terrielynn1posted 4 months ago

hi Poppy its there I just looked at your profile and I can see it.

Thanks, Terrielynn. The issue was resolved and thankfully they republished it smile

working