jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: An Easy Guide to Cleaning Your Walls and...

1. profile image0
    Daniel Valeposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article An Easy Guide to Cleaning Your Walls and Baseboards (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 2 months ago

Hi Daniel,
    Welcome to Hubpages.
    You are a wonderful writer.

The only point I see is the outgoing links. You have three of them, of which two connects to the same website (kingofmaids).

You article must not sound promotional at HP.

Limit the links the to two and try again. If it still doesn't clear, remove all the links.

You can always cite the sources (without linking them) in another capsule or call out.

Besides, your profile mentions that you blog for 'kingofmaids.' You can put the url there (Bio). Readers who are interested will browse referring to that.

1. profile image0
      Daniel Valeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

That's what it was! Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm still figuring out how to find the right balance of linking back to my site without being promotional.

I'll work on correcting the links right now and re-submit. If you have any additional feedback on the content, formatting, or overall quality, I would be happy to hear it. Thanks again!

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago

The link to the cleaning service also seems rather deceptive.  Rather than hiding the link, just end by discussing the alternative of hiring a service and give a reason why you personally recommend that one.

1. profile image0

I understand your point. I suppose I was trying to find a way to make the link anchor seem organic in regards to the Hub submission but I may have missed the mark. I'll either work on improving my approach towards linking to this site or remove it entirely.

Thank you very much for your reply and feedback!

4. pen promulgates profile image80

In regards to linking, the best way is to have those links that directly relate to the title of your hub. Two is the limit usually. Also, a description as to why you recommend a product or service (your personal experience) is essential.

Have a look at this Faq Daniel.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

Hope it helps.
    Good luck smile

1. profile image0

I'll take a look at the FAQ before proceeding. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image85
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 months ago

I'm impressed by the hubbers who are willing to help these new writers.  I wish I had that gene.  I often commented on the work of new writers over the past six years.  But usually, it was to point out good work, not to tell them how to do good work.  That's not easy to do.

6. pen promulgates profile image80

@ Kathleen, we do our best to help.
    HP is a community of helpful writers. A person who considers the feedback given by the experienced Hubbers definitely prospers well.

1. profile image0

I just started reading Hubs a few weeks ago but I'm really impressed with the community and how helpful you all have been. When I get to the same level, I'll be sure to return the favor in any way I can.

1. Marketing Merit profile image87
        Marketing Meritposted 2 months agoin reply to this

See you still have one link in your hub Daniel. As you are commercially connected to this company, you would be best advised to remove it. Self-promotion is no longer permitted on HP.
        Hope this helps.

1. profile image0

Thanks very much for the tip. It's become clear to me that I'll have to submit the article without the direct linking. This should do the trick.

working