jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Comment capsule requirement on all articles, old and new

1. TeriSilver profile image92
    TeriSilverposted 2 months ago

I have one article (published since January) that I absolutely do NOT want comments on.  This is based on a couple of factors (one of which is that I told the man I interviewed that it would not have any --  I've had a lot of activity on this piece). Today, I read the HubPages directive that all hubs, past, current and future, MUST have a comment capsule. I have not seen any reason for it -- please explain why?  It means I must wade through uninvited comments that can be time consuming and unnecessary.  Please, HP, explain the reason for this and how to avoid dealing with nasty people who are sure to put their two cents in on what they consider is opposite to the purpose of the content.  I appreciate the ability to not publish what I don't want, but why are we required to do this at all?  Thank you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

Teri, if you want a reply from HubPages staff, then you need to post in a forum which is monitored by staff, OR send them an email direct.

You've posted in the community section, which is where you discuss things with other Hubbers.  Staff do occasionally drop into the community section but not frequently.

3. TeriSilver profile image92

I found a more appropriate forum to write this question in but the other forum would not accept it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I'll report this thread and see if it can be moved.  But actually I'd say the best place to ask this question is on the main thread about this topic, which Christy Kirwan is actively involved in.

http://hubpages.com/community/forum/142 … ule-update

4. TeriSilver profile image92

I found the main thread after I wrote/submitted this one here.  Then the main thread would not let me repeat it, so I kind of re-capped it on the other one  But I hope to get an answer, and even more-so, a reprieve.  I deliberately did not place a comments capsule in the one particular article I'm referring to and I see it has one now.  It may not matter so much because the initial response has passed, but I plan to update it when the new info is available and I'm not interested in fighting anything negative.  Bottom line is, why don't authors get to decide?  I don't see how this "improves" HubPages.

working