Analytics

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Anita Hasch profile image58
    Anita Haschposted 6 years ago

Please help. I find analytics very difficult. I would like to know can you only have 1 UA........no
    If a have blogs and hubpages. Can my blogs have one or each of them have one UA.... tracking ID and one for hubpages. Or are you only allowed to have one UA ..... tracking ID no?

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

You're not the only one who finds Analytics difficult.  Personally, I think if you're finding it hard to follow, it's better not to bother with it.  You can waste an awful lot of time working on the wrong things, if you misunderstand it.

If your blog is on Wordpress.com, you don't really need Analytics because you can get a lot of information from the built-in stats.

As for HubPages, you know what your traffic is from your Account page, and you can also check to see what words people are using to find your Hubs by looking at the Stats on the individual Hubs.

Anita Haschposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Marisa, I have a blog on Wordpress, but don't use it often as it is a .com and limited to what you can achieve there. My blogs are on blogger, and I need to get to know everything about analytics as my views are not correct there. I have an app that counts the views and that with what the stats say, differs too much. I have managed to add my tracking Id in the right place, but have not added the tracking code snippet. It says place it 'just before the closing ....tag? on each page.
      What do they mean with each page, is it each post? (blogger) I see no closing tag. All my blogs and hubpages are all under one analytics tracking ID. I don't think that is right. When I look at my blogger's stats, going into each site, all the stats are exactly the same. Something is wrong somewhere. I have placed my hub pages tracking ID in the right place, but am concerned because it is the same as my bloggers tracking ID.

3. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

I've never used Google Analytics. I took one look at it, screamed a little scream and ran away. As Marisa says, there is plenty of info on Wordpress, especially if you have Jetpack installed. And Hubpages is easy to understand. Traffic up or down, which articles are doing well, and earnings, that's all I need to know.

Keep it simple, Anita smile

Thank you for your reply, but I feel if I am going to make a success of my writing, I need to understand analytics.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Can you explain why you think that?

https://tristandenyer.com/why-i-removed … y-website/

Don't get me wrong, I think it's an excellent tool if you are a geek who's technically minded.   If you are not technically minded, then it's terribly confusing and you are very, very likely to take the wrong information from it (that example of the word "focus" is a perfect example of how it can make things worse not better).

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's a good article and the comments are interesting too.

I have a tarot blog with around 10k visitors per month and increasing. I know that's not much in the blogosphere, but I have never felt the need to analyse my stats beyond knowing the most popular posts/articles, etc. More important to me is blocking spammers, hackers and fake log-in attempts.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
            Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I like this in the comments:

"I would take a stab at stating less than 1% of website owners and operators know how to . . . glean helpful information from all that data. If they don’t know how and don’t have a professional around to translate it, should they still use it? I feel it’s then bordering along the lines of owning a car and not knowing how to drive, but keeping it in the case that a relative might stop by and be able to drive it for them."

That's a good one.

2. Anita Hasch profile image58

My stats on hubpages are fine. However, I have no views send by the search engines. So something is wrong there. My blogger stats are definitely wrong. My app shows way more views than is recorded. I know there is a difference in views with the time difference or something, but not such a difference. They record something like 10% of my views. No ways, something is wrong. Another problem is that I have hubpages and all my blogs under one UA ...tracking ID. That is what I am trying to find out. Do you have 1 UA Tracking ID or should I have 5?

Thanks have found the answer to my question. Was stuck with this problem some time ago and left it when I did not understand it. You need a separate google analytics ID for each website.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
              Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Anita, why did it take so long for you to get it after I told you exactly that six months ago when you first asked for help.
              http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2868889

Glenn. I know very little about analytics but am getting there. I read somewhere that you could only join one analytics acc to adsense. That confused me. So I left it and then tried again a month later and so on and so on. However, now that I know that I can have more than one UA  tracking ID and another blogger has explained about the way to implement it, I think I will be successful this time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)