jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Links and amazon products in hubs

1. lovebuglena profile image88
    lovebuglenaposted 3 months ago

A few hubs of mine that were moved to one of the niche sites had links and an amazon products removed from them by admin. The Amazon products and links were relevant/related to the content in some way. Are we not allowed to have any links or amazon products on hubs that are published on niche sites?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image96
      Jeremy Gillposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I'm sure we're allowed to have them. How relevant are we talking? If the links weren't *directly* related, and discussed for their value, then they were likely removed due to being "spammy."

However, if you still feel the links were appropriate, you can always email the HubPages stuff and discuss it with them.

2. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Our general rule for Amazon products is every product in an article should contain useful information beyond what can be found on Amazon, as well as your personal experience and opinion. An Amazon product that is simply related to the topic is not enough.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

Take a look at my Hub on the Basic Rules (it's on the slider on my profile).  It explains the detail of the new Amazon rules.

Basically, what you may be missing is that there are two essential elements to an Amazon product now.  One, it must be relevant to the MAIN subject of your Hub.  Two, you must explain why you are recommending that specific product, and you must do it in a personal way, not an impersonal one.

Say for instance, you're recommending a book.  It's not acceptable to say, "This book is an excellent resource for .....".      You must say, "I have found this to be the best book for ....."  or "This book was very helpful to me when I ..." or something else that makes it clear you've got some experience of it.

1. lovebuglena profile image88
      lovebuglenaposted 3 months agoin reply to this

The new Amazon rules - are they from HubPages or Amazon? And are they for niche sites only or for HubPages as well?

And what about links on niche sites? Are they not allowed anymore? Because mine were removed. For example: my hub about ms word keyboard shortcuts had links to my hubs about ms excel keyboard shortcuts and ms access keyboard shortcuts. And they were removed from the hub, which is on turbofuture site...

working