jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Articles show Edit, Stats and Delete when sharing on Social Media

1. lori811 profile image80
    lori811posted 3 weeks ago

I want to share my work with my social network buds but when I click Facebook, my article shows the links on top for editing, stats, delete and submit to niche site. I find this dangerous since anyone can mess with it. Thank you.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Something is definitely wrong here.  If you want to share your hubs on FB, all you have to do is copy the URL to your FB site and, if you like, add a photo.  I have a feeling you're trying to submit the article the wrong way and certainly would advise you to delete any that show the info you mentioned.

lori811posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hey TIMETRAVELER2 - Just wanted to share that after your good advice, I was still having issues with sharing my piece with social media "because" I was still signed in ...duhhh! Once I viewed it from the outside, it was fine. Again, many thanks for your guidance. Oh, btw, 3 weeks ago, finally grasped the how to's with the capsules. Now I wish all the writing sites had them - Have a grr8 day and super holiday weekend:)

That's strange because when I put my stuff on FB I'm always signed in to FB and HP and never have a problem.  Yes, the capsules are wonderful...as are many other tools this site provides.  It's a great place to write, that's for sure.  You have a good weekend, too.

1. Stacie L profile image88
            Stacie Lposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I share my articles and don't see those buttons either.
            Are you taking a snapshot of the page? Maybe sign out first? I'm no techie but have learned from years of trial and error. Good luck.

lori811posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Stacie - I had to sign out first,then view as an outsider. It is the only way it works. I also have Windows 10 (from H*LL) sometimes I think my laptop is possessed! I seem to ok now but clearly I cannot share my work while signed in. Again, many thanks, I am blessed to have such helpful fellow-hubbers!smile

lori811posted 7 days ago in reply to this

To: TIMETRAVELER2 and Stacie - Seems when you are looking for one thing, you find the solution to another!smile
                I was looking online for my current Behind the Scenes of Dirty Dancing. I wrote it under Entertainment and MediapMovie and Movie Reviews BUT didn't take it to the next level of subtoptics(optional) - I selected Movie Reviews and Recommendations. Then shared it with FB. Long story short - I did this while signed in. Seems the subtopics are the portal to displaying the articles - and no links (edit, delete, etc) at the top of my page:) Again, many thanks.

2. lori811 profile image80
    lori811posted 3 weeks ago

Thank you, TIMETRAVELER2  My bad! Having a weird week. Got it!

Good.  Glad to be of service!

working