jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback for my article: 6 steps to planning a birthday party

1. emi sue profile image67
    emi sueposted 2 weeks ago

I would like some feedback on my hub "6 steps to planning a birthday party on a budget"

It has been one my most viewed hubs, but it is currently not featured due to traffic or quality, I really can't even remember. 

Anyways, if you could look it over and give me some suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it - and I'll be sure to return some love.

here's the link https://hubpages.com/family/Planning-a- … t-For-Kids

2. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 2 weeks ago

As it once was a featured article, just make changes here and there and it should be republished.
    What I found is there is too much of bold text. Consider changing the fonts to one format. Also the 'c' in consider in the first line is mistakenly capitalized.
    What about images? Although you have credited the source, are they legal to use? Do they have Creative common license perhaps?

3. emi sue profile image67
    emi sueposted 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to get to work making the changes you suggested and double check the status of my pictures. smile most of them are my own except for one or two. Maybe I should just do away with those.

4. Jeremy Gill profile image87
    Jeremy Gillposted 2 weeks ago

Hello Emi. Pen gave good advice, here's a bit more:

1) "Chuck E. Cheese's", not "Chuck-ee-cheeses."
    2) Personal preference regarding colons: "Other venue ideas are: ..." would look better than "Other venue ideas are : ..." In other words, remove the space in-between the word "are" and the colon.
    3) At one point you mention a list of party supplies " to the right." Be aware that for mobile users, this may not make sense, as the half-width capsule will be above the text. Also, HP is soon doing away with half-width capsules and automatically making them full-width (a lot of us aren't thrilled about it).
    4) Capitalize key words in picture captions. Here's an example of one that could be improved: "part of the birthday crowd. my babies and Kadence."
    5) Capitalize Facebook when discussing it.
    6) One last thing, it may not hurt to add just a bit more (especially if the word count hasn't quite hit 700).

Honestly, my suggestions are pretty nitpicky, and I'm sure the article can be featured again. Best wishes.

1. emi sue profile image67
      emi sueposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I appreciate your nit-picky-ness. big_smile Another set of eyes always help.  Thank you very much, I'll be sure to put your suggestions to good use!

working