jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Newly Published Hub did not go to WanderWisdom

1. paperfacets profile image91
    paperfacetsposted 6 weeks ago

I know lots of people do not know much about St Kitts. My spanking new article was put in HubPages anyway. I am wondering if I was suppose to say WanderWisdom before I Published it? I was thinking all new articles are automatically considered for the Premium Superman Topics?
    Does this mean my new article did not make the cut or did I publish without the proper directions?

2. AliciaC profile image96
    AliciaCposted 6 weeks ago

Paperfacets, you didn't do anything wrong. All new hubs are published on HubPages first of all. Later, when a staff member has time to look at a newly published hub, the article may be moved to a niche site if it's suitable.

3. paperfacets profile image91

Thanks Alicia,
    So this new Hub is on someone's radar? How is that possible? Isn't is buried forever in HubPages that Google shuns?  How long should I worry about its status?
    Sherry

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

A new Hub is always published on Hubpages first. At the same time, it is placed in an editor`s queue for the most appropriate niche site. The editors are busy people so it could take a few weeks for them to take a look at it.

The QAP team and the niche site editors are two different things.

2. AliciaC profile image96
      AliciaCposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

No, the hub isn't buried. My understanding is that all new hubs are evaluated. The time needed for them to be switched to a niche site—if they are—varies, though. I've found that it takes anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

4. paperfacets profile image91

Thank you Alicia and Marisa. For me: be patient and wait.

1. poppyr profile image93
      poppyrposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Let us know what happens! smile

2. jackclee lm profile image71
      jackclee lmposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

It also depends if your hub is "featured". When a hub is first published, you will get an email from the QAP process. If it is featured, then it will be made available for google indexing. It usually take a few days for this to happen. If your hub is not featured for whatever reason, you will be notified via email. Then, you are welcome to edit it and resubmit... I have gotton past the QAP at times with very few edits here and there. They don't like multiple links or too many Amazon recommemdations. If not featured, then your hub will not be found by google search. Good luck.

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

I've never had an email from QAP. Just a screen message when publishing. Then within a few hours it's featured.

1. jackclee lm profile image71
          jackclee lmposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Perhaps you did not select the notification option. Check your profile...

2. lobobrandon profile image84
          lobobrandonposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Neither have I and I assume it's because all of your hubs have passed the QAP process. You do get a notification email once a hub is moved to a niche site though.

working