Have you ever published a featured hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Louise Lately profile image60
    Louise Latelyposted 11 years ago

Have you ever published a featured hub?

Would be very grateful to hear your experiences of featured hubs - do you get more views? is it ranked higher generally? should the standard be very high? etc.

2. Kritau profile image60
    Kritauposted 11 years ago

My very first one is featured, I'm getting on average 10 views a day.. It does show up when Health category is selected on the first page - this might be a benefit. However, I think the views don't really depend whether the hub is featured or not . Making your hub SEO friendly, promoting it, the number of followers and the most important the CONTENT are what make the viewers visit your hubs smile Hope this helped smile

Louise Latelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kritau, that's helpful! I need to work on my SEO skills....it's all about one step at a time I guess smile

3. dailytop10 profile image85
    dailytop10posted 11 years ago

It's not that hard to guarantee that your hub will end up featured. All of my hubs are and I did it by simply being sensitive in both grammar and spelling. Hubs with at least 500 words are also most likely to be featured compared to those with less. I really don't know whether featured hubs get more traffic. But knowing that your hub passed the hubpages' quality standards somehow gives you a hint as to what to expect; more traffic.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes, I have published a few. Let's just say they do not become featured. In fact, they do poorly compared to the rest of my hubs.

1. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry. I misunderstood the question. Yes, all of my hubs are featured.

5. lanablackmoor profile image83
    lanablackmoorposted 11 years ago

All of my Hubs have been featured so far. It absolutely increases your chances of high page views as it allows search engines to find you. While the HubPages community is great for advice and networking, most of your views need to come from search engine traffic if you hope to make any money at it, so getting Featured is crucial.

The standard for spelling and grammar should be high, but I think that goes for all writing you put out there on the internet. smile No matter how solid the information and facts you present may be, people won't view them with as much credibility if the formatting and mechanics contain errors.

Word count also seems to be an issue. To be in the HubPages Apprenticeship program, I believe the minimum is 5-600, so why not shoot for that? I can't say that I've ever come across a featured Hub that was significantly less than that either.

Best of luck!

1. profile image0

I don't think you understand. She means "Headings" that HubPages suggests you label your hubs. The Title to your Hubs that they suggest. All of our hubs are featured. We are talking about the titles that they suggest for you.

2. lanablackmoor profile image83
      lanablackmoorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

JThomp42, not all Hubs are Featured. The OP never mentioned titles, so the natural assumption is that she's talking about Hubs that pass the QA process &/or get showcased. http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs

3. profile image0

Sorry, I was thinking she meant "Exclusive" hubs. As all hubs become featured within 24 hours.

4. Louise Lately profile image60

Yes apologies - I meant featured/exclusive hubs sorry for  the confusion!

6. dilipchandra12 profile image66
    dilipchandra12posted 11 years ago

All of my hubs are featured. Only 1 or 2 are not featured. Well, am gonna fix that soon and will make them featured.

7. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 years ago

If your Hub is not featured, then it is seen by members of HubPages ONLY.   So yes, there is a huge difference in the number of views if your Hub is featured.  The HubPages community is very small so you will get very few visitors to a Hub that is non-featured.

Your Hubs look more like blog posts than Hubs.  A Hub is like an article you would read in a magazine.   Try writing longer Hubs which go into your subjects in more depth.

Thank you Marisa! I am slightly confused though because none of my hubs are featured or 'exclusives' and I have still received Google hits for my hub about parka jackets....But maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly from the start.

8. Neinahpets profile image80
    Neinahpetsposted 11 years ago

I have 10 hubs (3 of them pending quality assessment). I thought at first that all hubs are featured because since the beginning (3-4 days ago) I have had every single hub published and have roughly 200 hub views in total.

I'm not sure about the rankings since all of mine have been featured.... but I can assure you that it doesn't always equal Adsense picking you up.  I've been refused 4 times and I still can't figure out why since I have quality articles it seems.  Oh well.

9. kenoung profile image61
    kenoungposted 10 years ago

It really isn't hard to get your hub featured. You just need to follow their general guidelines (sufficient word count, add some pictures, use some videos) and you're pretty much going to get the featured status. Even if you don't get it the first time, you can edit the hub to get a second evaluation.

Louise Latelyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

many thanks kenoung! I actually phrased my question wrong....I was wondering about exclusives and if they get higher rankings etc. but thanks very much for your response!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)