jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Can I contact an editor?

1. Butterfly67 profile image84
    Butterfly67posted 2 weeks ago

So I had a featured hub and I got an email to say that it could be moved to a niche site if I made a few changes. I started to make the changes but was interrupted and so I had to save the changes that I had made and come back to it later. Unfortunately in that time I got an email saying that my hub 'could be featured' if I made some changes. So basically in that time it had become unfeatured. I went back in and finished making the changes that the editor had suggested but I got another email saying it 'could be featured' - this has now happened for a 3rd time, after more changes and I am unable to contact the editor who originally wanted to move it to the niche site so that I can get her to sort it out! Is there any way I can contact here does anyone know?

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

If you reply to the original email, it should go to editors @ HubPages.com and he or she will get it. I find from experience that it's important to reply with the subject intact so they can relate your email to their original message. Also, make sure your email settings include the sender's email at the bottom, so they can reference it. They have a lot going on and this helps with the back and forth communication.

Butterfly67posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks glen, I replied to the original email which was sent from editor but that bounced back (then saw it said do not reply to this email!).

Paradigm thanks I'll try team and see if I get any joy.

That's weird! I never received an email from the editors that said "do not reply."  Try just replying to the email address I gave you: editors @ HubPages.com is the one I always use when I reply with a question. I always get an answer. Make sure you spell it right, I noticed you misspelled my name and that doesn't work with email addresses.

Butterfly67posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Sorry about the misspelling of your name!

Yes the email came from editor at hubpages (without the s) which said "Please do not reply to this message, it was sent from an unmonitored address".

I tried the 'team' email and that did not bounce back so I will wait until after the weekend for a reply.

Oh, I had that problem once. When I brought it to their attention I noticed they started sending me emails from 'editors' – with the 's' – which is the valid one that they read. I thought they stopped using 'editor' without the 's' but you're saying you got an email from that address? Strange. Maybe they just don't want you replying. roll  (just kidding) - I would send your email to the 'editors' email as I mentioned earlier.

2. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 2 weeks ago

team @ hubpages.com sometimes works. Also, new communication procedures are possibly in the works where you can communicate with the editor directly. If all else fails, move it to your own website.

working