jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Translating Hubs into Other Languages

1. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 10 days ago

Could there be a potential market for hubs translated into other languages for the benefit of those who don't or can't use a translation facility in a browser? Is duplication in another language against Google or Hubpages's terms?
    I've just been looking at the stats for one of my high traffic hubs over the past week or so: 35% from India (130 million Indians, 10% of the population, speak English), 26% from the USA, and a measly .05% from China with its 1.37 billion population.

Edit: Just noticed this clarification from Matthew Meyer posted a few years ago.

https://hubpages.com/community/forum/12 … -elsewhere

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 9 days ago in reply to this

If they are using a computer in India, there's a 90% chance they understand English. I do not think there are OS in the local langauges.

To answer your question, as long as you use a language tag in your header it should be good. It won't be considered duplicate. But there's no real point in doing this, a waste of time imo.

2. SheilaMilne profile image90
      SheilaMilneposted 9 days ago in reply to this

I find a lot of people use google translate to read my hubs. Today there was one from Brazil but most often they are from China or Russia.

1. eugbug profile image95
        eugbugposted 9 days ago in reply to this

I only had 8 visits in the last 10 days from China, .03 % of traffic. I suppose it depends on what you write about, maybe some stuff doesn't translate well. Which is probably why "How To" type articles should be designed so that they can be followed by looking at pictures without resorting to reading the text.
        I tried pinning some hubs on Chinese Pinterest clones, but haven't had much success with that yet.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
          lobobrandonposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Access to Google is mainly only via VPNs in China. You need to get your stuff on baidu if you want to get Chinese traffic.

working