jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can tags to hubs be in other languages?

1. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Can tags to hubs be in other languages?

2. Shushanik profile image93
    Shushanikposted 5 years ago

I think it's possible. But I'm not sure it'll do any help with traffic. Because tags are only "keywords" for Google. It pays much more attention to the title, url and summary, so even if you have a tag in another language, Google won't rank that keyword well comparing to the websites that are on that language and use same keyword.

MargaritaEdenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you Shushanik!

3. thranax profile image52
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

Yup, and it could greatly increase the amount of traffic you get to certain hubs. If you check the incoming traffic your getting you will see google.it, google.ca, google.fr, google.co.in etc - There all countries and google rates your articles to those search terms as well.

I have a hub that is number 4 in the serps on Google.com, and on page 3 for the same keyword on Google.fr. Maybe if my tags were in french it could alter that page 3 rating to first page. An example is if it has the term "Plus de sonnaille" as a tag alongside  "More Cowbell"

~thranax~

MargaritaEdenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, yes I saw that some google searches were coming from other counties, do you know if hubpages admin would approve that? Using tags in other languages?

working