jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Family Trip To Langkawi Island Malaysia

1. Shrouds profile image73
    Shroudsposted 6 days ago

Hi Hubbers,
    This is my 3rd time posting on this  and also 3rd time didn't pass the QAP,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Family Trip To Langkawi Island Malaysia (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image83
      Ivan Hernandezposted 6 days ago in reply to this

I skimmed your article. This is a decent article. Just make sure you follow Bev's advice, and your article will pass the QAP in no time. I give you 87/100 for effort. Grammar, I give you an 80/100. Your average is 79/100 if you factor in spelling, punctuation, and use of grammar. Still, your article is decent.

2. Ryan Cornelius profile image52
    Ryan Corneliusposted 6 days ago

The key to passing it is to follow the guidelines presented. I had a problem doing so at first and still do from time to time. I reread my article when it happens and see the little mistakes they see and fix th em. Proofread what you Wright and make sure the topic of discussion stays put

Shroudsposted 6 days ago in reply to this

where is the guideline,i have read few times,still cannot get what they want,i have seen your hub,short articles still ok

Ivan Hernandezposted 6 days ago in reply to this
  3. Ryan Cornelius profile image52
    Ryan Corneliusposted 6 days ago

Check out the hubs passed on my profile and see the things needed to pass.

4. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 6 days ago

It's improving though, so don't give up.

Remove the links to Wikipedia. Hubpages doesn't want you sending readers off the site for no good reason.

Reduce the number of photos to about seven, maybe eight max. The page is still loading for me, and I have fast broadband. Make sure the photos you do use are full width. I don't even know how you are right-aligning them as I thought that had been disabled. We don't need to see the parking area, just really good quality images of the most important and beautiful places. One aquarium photo, not five.

Write all numbers under 10 in full. It probably won't make a difference to the hub being published but it is more professional.

"Twin Peaks Hotel and Resort actually is about 1 kilometers away from Kuah town."

Get rid of unnecessary words like 'actually' in the above sentence. Get rid of vague words like 'about'. Tighten up the writing by weeding out all the waffle. I can see three 'about's right there within a few sentences and there are 16 occurrences in the article. Why do you need them?

"The Twin Peaks Hotel and Resort is one kilometer away from Kuah town." State your facts clearly. More words do not equal better writing. In fact, the opposite is true.

You don't need to explain your timetable in detail. No-one cares how long you stayed somewhere, so try to edit out everything that is a little dull. We want to read the exciting bits.

Paste your text into Grammarly then Hemingway to help you tighten up the writing and correct the last of the grammatical errors.

You'll get it approved soon.

Shroudsposted 5 days ago in reply to this
        Ivan Hernandezposted 5 days ago in reply to this

You'd have to get this article on its own separate section of the thread. Maybe another forum?

1. theraggededge profile image95
          theraggededgeposted 5 days ago in reply to this

It was the same article, Ivan. The title was changed.

I didn't know that. Thanks for reminding me.

2. Ivan Hernandez profile image83

How do I PM You, Bev?

working