jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

A success against plagiarism WOOT

1. Bedbugabscond profile image99
    Bedbugabscondposted 2 months ago

I am pleased to share that an article that was plagiarized over a year ago is back in good standing! I reached out to Hubpages staff because this page was not moved to a niche site, even though it pulled good Google traffic.

I had to get the dressed red C off the page before it could be moved (at the time). I filled my DMCA and for some odd reason they sent my an email that I had to show ownership of the page. This was never a problem before niche sites. Either way, I made some major edits AND the offending page with my stolen content was removed.

I very nearly gave up on this article after a year of fighting to get rid of the plagiarism. I am so glad I was patient, and worked with Hubpages and the DMCA.

My article no longer has the red C and it is already on a niche site! Its traffic is returning!! I wanted to share my good news. I know many of you are active against plagiarism. There is hope with a little persistence and patience.

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Good for you!  Thieves are a big problem and it's always good to see someone fighting them.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months agoin reply to this

l have one with that red c that's been on the stats page forever.  The site that hosted the article closed just as I was filing my complaint, but the article was removed.  However, I cannot get the team to remove that darned red c!  However, the hub is on the niche sites and business is brisk...but the c still stands!

1. wilderness profile image98
        wildernessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I've got several with the red 'c', and on niche sites as well. 

Problem with them can vary; I can't find my hub of some of the sites at all.  Some are very badly spun and HP is picking them up as copied, but I don't think I have the standing to say they're copied, they're so bad.  Several are on Chinese or other national sites and don't respond at all to a complaint (I once got the Swiss govt. involved in removing a copy, but China doesn't care).

I just ignore them now.  It makes it a little more difficult when I look at my copied hubs section as there are more of those than there are of something I can do something about, but that's life.

1. Bedbugabscond profile image99
          Bedbugabscondposted 2 months agoin reply to this

My other account has that problem. It is a gaming site so a lot of the people who caused the red c are not responsive at all. Now that this account is red c free, I am going to try to figure out what to do about the other account.

Wish me luck!!

2. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 2 months ago

Thats great. I had to do the same thing. I had 4 stolen reported and filed and now their site has been shut down. I wonder how long it will last. Editors here are good at tracking down offenders.

working