I'd like feedback on my article: Best 150cc-400cc bikes to buy under 2 lacks in.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Automobile 180posted 6 years ago

I got this great message from one of the hubber. Who-so-ever receives this message kindly pass it forward to your head

It has been long that I wrote in HubPages. Recently I have opened a new account with HubPages with the intention to share my knowledge with other Hubbers. Having said that, the experience now is far different than it used to be. Last time I was writing with the intention of promoting affiliate links and was based on a diversified range of topics on weddings and events. The approval rates then wasn't as cumbersome as it is now. I not quite sure of where they are heading but definitely on the top of the list for being the most hated. My approval rate then never exceeded 2 times for review but now it was worse.

For now they got this alien language or moderator team who expect writers to know their mistakes and make the necessary adjustments to our journals. I have even wrote in to feedback but it seems to be on deaf ears. Never in my experience in HubPages that I had to go for more than 5 times review just for an article. Perhaps their level of English is the level of the solar system or otherwise their language might be of a third world country.

For my recent article was to share some knowledge on how hubbers can learn photography and use the correct filters meant to create a certain effect, with all the details my hub (article) was permanently unpublished. That was after the fifth time I submitted for review. I have removed educational videos from B&H, removed one affiliate link (the ONLY one) and even to the extend of removing source links from images which violates copyright. With that still my article remains unpublished and they simply left a note that the article needs improvement. A general go-to term that they usually use. Feeling really pissed I decided to write this review.

For goodness sake, I haven't had any issue with my articles when I posted them on EzineArticles (which is higher and more demanding than HubPages). However it seems that they are in their own world. My advise to fellow writers is not to waste time on HubPages as well as Squidoo (coz HubPages recently bought over). You will most probably come across the same issue as me and other reviewers on this page. Don't waste your precious time writing on HubPages and any of their associated websites. Our articles are precious and it requires the least some respect.

Thank you very much. Please let this message flow forward.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Not sure what you are trying to say... what do you mean about 'I got this great message from one of the hubber. Who-so-ever receives this message kindly pass it forward to your head." What is this about?

Your post indicates that your writing is not up to the standards that HubPages now requires. It's possible to make good money here but not by writing articles with affiliate links.

Taking a look at your hub... have you actually had experience with these bikes? It looks as though you are simply repeating information you have picked up elsewhere. There's no mention of the ride quality as experienced by you. Have you had test drives? If not, how can you 'review' or recommend them?

HubPages expects quality, informative articles based on in-depth knowledge, research or experience, depending on the topic.

Images must be legal-to-use, not lifted from other websites without permission.

You might want to spend some time updating your knowledge here: https://hubpages.com/faq/

and here: https://hubpageshelp.com/

Hope that helps.

1. profile image0
        Automobile 180posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well I had the same hub with ride reviews and it got rejected. Now I didn't made any spelling or grammatical error and there were not quality issue so well it got rejected and I had to guess work. And delete my own reviews part.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image91
          Jeremy Gillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Read my initial post again and you'll see me point out two errors literally at the beginning of your Hub. Don't deny the existence of the errors; fix them to eliminate the issue.

I noticed your Hub is now taken down. If you fix the mistakes and put in the effort, it can be published. However, I suspect English isn't your strong point--even your forum posts are puzzling us--so perhaps HubPages isn't an ideal site for you.

2. profile image0

Well not sure than what are you sure about "unhelpful replies". A kid can understand it.

2. OldRoses profile image95
      OldRosesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Hub Pages has changed tremendously.  The quality of English they require is not "the level of the solar system", it is the level of native speakers.  It is difficult for writers who are not native English speakers to get published unless they are extremely fluent. 

No, the editors' job is not to correct grammar and spelling.  That is the author's job.  There is software available that will check spelling and grammar for you.  It catches most errors.

I find it worth my "precious time" to write for Hub Pages because the income is good.  The new niche sites are attracting loads of traffic and Google is sending more traffic to the old Hub Pages site as well.  So far this year, I have earned more than twice as much as I did last year and it is only September.  Despite specializing in gardening hubs which usually decline in traffic at the end of August, my traffic is still good in September and I am still earning very well.

You need to work on your English, read the articles in the Learning Center, look at these tutorials: http://hubpages.com/community and keep writing. 

There is a saying in English:  practice makes perfect.  It means that you have to keep trying something until you master it.

1. profile image0

I m not native engish speaker but where I live my english is perfect. As per technical writing there isn't much to be fluent I have actually unpublished my hubb but there were only very minute error till now I found only one " its is the best". Nothing more. They are very unhelpful to specify my fault.

1. OldRoses profile image95
          OldRosesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, but here in the US where I live, your English is not "perfect".  And judging from your writing on this forum, your grammar is very poor.  I can understand why your hub was not featured.  Hub Pages has made drastic changes recently.  They will no longer accept everything that people want to publish.  They will only feature the highest quality writing.  Many native English speakers get rejected because they may be able to speak English but they are unable to write English properly.  Rather than arguing about the standards that Hub Pages employs, you would be better served by improving your English language skills and your writing skills.

1. profile image0

Well then it would be a great help if you could just have a quick view to my article and tell what are actual problems in it.
            http://automobile-360.blogspot.in/2017/ … 0.html?m=1

3. Jeremy Gill profile image91
      Jeremy Gillposted 6 years ago

Hopefully I'm reading the right article (it's the only one on your profile). Your text above is also confusing; try to be clear.

Just read the second sentence under your first capsule, "It's is the Best cruiser at this price". There are multiple errors in that one short sentence and throughout the Hub; you need to proofread, plain and simple. Here are more suggestions:

1) Hubs already have summaries; no need to use a capsule for one.
      2) We're encouraged not to title capsules "conclusion" like you have (don't do "introduction" either).
      3) Caption your pictures to increase traffic.

Also, for our convenience, please post links to your Hub when asking for help. Here's one:

https://hubpages.com/autos/Best-bikes-t … der-2lacks

4. profile image0

So writer must study it thoroughly and if even a single comma is missing it's rejected and moderators will not correct that mistakes but will be pleased to reject it.
      I think they have criteria that moderators must only let 0.001% pass or they will be fined.

If images from outside sources are not allowed than why do you add source option where it no outside sources allowed in terms of usage.

I had my previous hub with my pics and my reviews added with the content and you rejected it without explaning the cause. And then I m suppose to find it can't it be explained do use outside images and add your ride reviews. Don't forget minor error can be fixed by moderators but instead there is a quote "And then there was rejected work of art".

By the way if you read this thoroughly let this be read too. One of the hubber says "Perhaps their level of English is the level of the solar system or otherwise their language might be of a third world country". Well are you guy harvard passed with PHD in moderating and Rejecting.
      Also there is very less earning by this site and hence no use to write for it.

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No, you are wrong. Hubs aren't rejected for the odd misplaced comma or minor grammatical error. They are rejected when the English use is below the standard required.

I didn't say that 'outside images' couldn't be used, you just have to make sure that they are LEGAL-to-use. They have to have a Creative Commons license that allows them to be used on a commercial site.

I can't really understand the rest of what you say. I'm not sure who you are talking about. On this forum we are hubbers, we don't moderate or edit your hubs.

1. profile image0

Ok maybe you should have told that before. Good night (its night at my place).sorry for disturbing

5. profile image0

So I was expecting before that some bots will be answering my questions but atleast "they are real people". What taking so much time is there any kind of Seo preference so I could add some high ranking keywords. Do you know what are keyword or Seo. Well atleast can I get in touch with my moderator who rejected my content well I suppose you don't have that power or maybe the expected reply would be "we don't have time to waste",we are busy in rejecting contents. Well that not what bothers me, what bothers me is the long pending time before the mighty rejection. Like long time taken to answer my questions here. Well I don't expect any detailed reply coming up, probably it would be confusing and the most "my fault" ofcourse.

6. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

That's not on HubPages. You want us to review on your blog? You can't even post it here as is breaking Terms of Service. The link will probably be removed.

There are still many grammatical errors. Too many to correct. Try pasting the text into Grammarly.

7. profile image0

Well this is the last time. I need feedbacks for this articles.

https://hubpages.com/autos/Tvs-Apache-long-term-reviews

https://hubpages.com/autos/Best-bikes-t … der-2lacks

Need to know if there are chances that they will pass or not

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)