jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

I need help please and thank you.

1. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 2 months ago

A friend tried to go directly to my hubpage profile page and it displayed a 404 error. Can someone please tell me why this is happening. Or how I can fix it.

2. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 2 months ago

I was able to see your profile page with no problem.
    Did you confirm that they were using the correct URL?

Terrielynn1posted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hi glenn thank you. I am not sure what rhey did. Ill have to them to give more detail and try again. Could you help me with another question please. Under my google third party site list I get the same 404 error when i click the arrow beside the page name, I thought maybe it was caused by the same issue. Do you know what would cause it? Thank you

1. Glenn Stok profile image100
        Glenn Stokposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I'll be glad to help you, but I don't understand what you mean by your "google third party site list." Can be be more specific? Are you talking about GA?

Hi glen yes. when I go to the google report and bring up the list of all my pages here. there is an arrow right beside each. if you click it it gets the same 404 error. I though it s suppose to take you back to that page on here if its linked properly. Thank you again. Oh and i know what the person did. they forgot the @ sign, LOL.

1. Glenn Stok profile image100
            Glenn Stokposted 2 months agoin reply to this

It's supposed to. But if it was a hub that was moved, GA still has the hubpages domain on that hub in some reports, and it doesn't follow the forwarding.

I noticed that when I examine my Google warnings on hubs  that have large images slowing down the response time.  I click on the warning and it gets a 404 error. I noticed that it only happens on hubs in the niche sites. So is that what you're referring to?

I think it may also be part of a coding trick to avoid Google seeing any links between the main site and the network sites. HubPages is desperately trying to avoid that for obvious reasons.

Oh, I see I never thought of ones that are moved I'll look and see if that's it.  You have been a big help. The profile page part makes sense. thank you very much.

working