jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Feed back for improving my article on procalcitonin as a biomarker.

1. docashp profile image66
    docashpposted 5 days ago

Hello. I sent my article to Heal Dove. They found it useful but still there was scope for improvement according to their 
    mail.
    I need some advice for the same.
    https://hubpages.com/health/Procalciton … -Of-Sepsis

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 days agoin reply to this

What did the email say? There are usually some relevant suggestions at the end of the email.

docashpposted 5 days agoin reply to this

I received a mail informing me that the article has got value but it still needs  some editing. So they have moved the article into their editing queue. As the queue of articles to be edited is quite substantial, so it could take considerable time before they begin editing.   
        So the options are-
        1) Sit tight and wait.
        2) Edit the article yourself. If you choose this route, you will need to make substantial edits. Resubmitting the article with minimal edits or to a different Network Site will result in the article being rejected, and it will be removed from our editing queue.
        To safeguard that your article isn't rejected, please go to the Network Site where you submitted it and make sure that it meets the editorial standards of that site

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 4 days agoin reply to this

You might want to include mention of the recent public education program on this issue https://www.sepsis.org/sepsis-alliance- … onth-2017/

docashpposted 4 days agoin reply to this

Yes public awareness about sepsis is important. Is there some limit to the number of external links that can be posted per article.
        Is posting direct links to the journals i have referred for the manuscript allowed?

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 days ago

A couple of issues.

There is always a space after a period/full stop and comma, never before.

Images must be Creative Commons licensed and credited as to source.

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image86
      Ivan Hernandezposted 5 days agoin reply to this

I agree. As an experienced writer coming out of his shell and enjoying the renaissance in ideas, Images must be Creative Commons licensed and credited as to source (gee, I'm starting to sound just like Rupert Taylor). You need to improve grammar and spelling. Your article must be of the highest quality to be moved to a niche site. So far, I have 4 articles moved to niche sites. I am extremely lucky to have them moved to niche sites.

Hi Ivan,
        Could you be more specific about the grammar and spellings improvement part. Your help is greatly appreciated.
        Thanks.

Ivan Hernandezposted 4 days agoin reply to this

I'd be happy to help. Grammar, Spelling, and use of nouns are important in an article. Grammar misuse, like "I go to the supermarket as fast as I can," spelling misuse, such as "invicible," "kell", or "hitting the baesball." or noun misuse, such as "cartoon network," or "I Had fun In The new orleans area" can ruin your article. It can even defeature your article if there's too many of them. Improve your article, my boy, and you can be a successful writer. The experts, such as theraggededge, Freddyscat, and Marisa Wright can help you.

theraggededgeposted 4 days agoin reply to this

Erick, where on earth can you see those misspellings and grammatical errors in docashp's article? Have you actually read it?

Docashp - you must fix those missing spaces. There is always a space after a period/full stop.

She is right, you know. And I was giving him examples, and I read part of the article, but haven't paid attention.

theraggededgeposted 4 days agoin reply to this

rollrollroll

Thanks for understanding.

2. docashp profile image66

Hey Rupert,
      The pie chart and pyramid images are my own based on the journals i have mentioned with the images. The rest of the images also do not have copyright issues, but i will confirm it again. Also i will proofread it again.
      Thanks.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 days ago

Ivan. There are worse things than sounding like me. Give me a week or two and I'll think of one.

I'm sorry. I'm just a budding writer who's aspiring to be a successful writer. I'm earning an average of 45 cents a month with my 28 articles; 27 of those are published, and one is in draft mode. Four of my articles are in vertical sites. That could change by no earlier than October 21.

4. docashp profile image66
    docashpposted 4 days ago

I will try to fix it as advised and see if it works out for me.
    Thanks theraggededge & Ivan.

working