jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

All 5 of my hubs are featured. Do you think that's a good sign?

1. sarahspradlin profile image81
    sarahspradlinposted 6 days ago

I have only written 5 and to be honest I really didn't try very hard on 4 of them.....all of them got featured though. This is with Hubpages finding them, not me sending them in. Do you think if this is something that I stuck with, I could eventually earn money?

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 days agoin reply to this

When you say 'featured' do you mean moved to niche sites? It's not the same thing, confusingly.

Anyway, well done, it's a very good start. And yes, you could earn some money. You either need a solid stable of around 50 steady traffic-attracting articles, or a just a few that do really well, or a mixture of both smile

And if you've written five, you can write 50.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 days agoin reply to this

Yes, it's a good sign.  If you keep having this type of success, at some future time you may well start earning some decent money, but that having been said, it takes time to get to that point. Keep up the good work!

3. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 6 days agoin reply to this

Definitely off to a good start. Keep going!

2. pen promulgates profile image79
    pen promulgatesposted 6 days ago

Four out of your hubs are already on the vertical sites. That's awesome.
    You will do well.

3. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 days ago

First, let's clarify the jargon.

A "Featured" Hub on HubPages is just an ordinary Hub.   "UnFeatured" means it's hidden from Google (i.e. it's not considered good enough to be visible on the site).  Since about 90% of Hub traffic comes from Google, a Hub that's unFeatured might as well not exist.

When this system was first introduced, the terminology was "Active" and "Idle".   Hubbers got upset about their Hubs being "Idled", so they changed the terminology - but it doesn't change the fact that a Hub that's not Featured is, in fact, idle.

Every new Hub is considered for the niche sites shortly after as it's published.  The niche sites are where the money is, so your goal should be to write Hubs that are accepted for the niche sites. 

When you publish a new Hub, wait for three or four weeks and see if it gets moved to a niche.  If not, you know the editor rejected it for some reason.  You can submit it for reconsideration (look for the button at the top of the Hub), but clearly, there's no point unless you improve it first.

working