jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Facebook Jail

1. David Ortega profile image88
    David Ortegaposted 5 weeks ago

Discuss any bans or suspensions you have experienced on Facebook.  I am not interested in those who were thought to be too spammy. I am interested in people whose posts were too "religious" or "conservative."

2. Mr Bueno profile image93
    Mr Buenoposted 5 weeks ago

Could you post a link to your Facebook page so we can make a reasonable judgement?

David Ortegaposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

So, what reason did they give you for suspensions.  Just like Hubpages they send an email specifying the rule being broken.

No reason given.  I posted about Pope John Paul 2 and it simply did not appear.  I was not told I was suspended or jailed.  However, other friends of mine have had their conservative posts jailed or suspended.  I also notice now that HubPages has deleted my reply to Mr Bueno showing my FB page.

Okay so you account has never been suspended or banned.

If you post failed to appear I suggest you ask Facebook staff about it.  My money is on human error.  Either it was never posted or you failed to relocate it when looking for it later. If your posts are removed for breaking content guidelines, you are emailed. But unless you are posting nudity, profanity, or gratuitous violence this is unlikely to be the case (on which basis Satanists posting their latest animal-sacrifice-and-orgy are more likely to experience this difficulty).

Facebook gives zero damns about your beliefs and their systems are automated.  People convinced they are being persecuted by Facebook range from evangelists to breast feeding mothers to drag queens.  But they are all just part of an automated content grinder without the intelligence needed to have bias.

I largely agree with your assessment.  I even dismissed the fact that dozens of Catholic sites were removed by FB without explanation in July of this year.  But I am seeing a growing trend of my Catholic brothers and sisters experiencing strange removals or bans without explanation. I see plenty of posts making it through from drag queens and anti-Trump slams. Though I did NOT vote for Trump, I see far more disparaging  posts against him than I saw for Obama. http://wgntv.com/2017/07/19/facebook-bl … ook-pages/

There is a growing trend for enforcing the rules and more staff reviewing reported posts.  But that is affecting everyone, including my hipster lefty associates (the aforementioned breast feeding mothers and drag queens).

I can see where a bare nipple is more likely to be questioned than prayers of faithful Catholics.  And I also see where Facebook apologized to drag queens for "the hardship" they put them through.  No apologies or explanations to the Catholics.

That's because there is probably no systematic single rule being broken, and many of the posts perceived as being deleted never were.

The only way to know for sure if any of your material was in fact deleted, and why, is to ask Facebook.  That's what the aforementioned groups did.  Until them I tend to assume user error.

You solve a problem by confirming it exists, determining why it happens etc... not just by making assumptions.  That is how breast-feeders determined their issue was the nudity guidelines, and drag queen determined their problem was the real name requirement. They requested and failed to receive changes and it just is what it is.

Until you confirm and diagnose the problem, it is reasonable to assume there is in fact no problem from an objective point of view.

3. Ryan Cornelius profile image59
    Ryan Corneliusposted 5 weeks ago

I sure have been. No doubt about it.

4. clivewilliams profile image82
    clivewilliamsposted 5 weeks ago

Facbook is owned by the Government!

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 weeks ago

Facebook is not owned by the government, and they close accounts for breaking their rules.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 weeks ago

It takes me less than 5 minutes to make a new account when I get suspended. I think I'm on my 10th account. I suppose my respect for their rules are made plain here.

working