jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Billie Holiday - Jazz Singer

1. ezi profile image61
    eziposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Billie Holiday - Jazz Singer. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. BNHook profile image83
      BNHookposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Interesting article; I really didn't know much about Billie Holiday. I think you just need to proof it a bit more and clean up some typos, repetitive phrases and words. Also, maybe shave off some extra content to keep it as concise as possible. Of course, you want to do this while keeping your message and story intact. Let me know if you need any more suggestions, otherwise, great read!

1. ezi profile image61
        eziposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Thank you BNHook for the visit. I appreciate your evaluation. And yes...Billie Holiday was the genuine article. I will try harder

ezi

2. janshares profile image98
      jansharesposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Hey there, ezi. I stopped by to read and give feedback because I absolutely love Billie Holiday. Your content is great. Maybe add a couple paragraphs about her addiction which was a major part of her story. It would also help lengthen the article. Slowly read through your article out loud to catch typos and missing words (for example, "Ella."). Add 2 more photos of Ms. Holiday but make sure they are legal to use with attributions. Also add captions to the photos. Last thing: in your closing paragraph, you mention a brutal song but left out the name. I assume you're referring to "Strange Fruit?" That's all. Good luck with Quality Assessment.

1. ezi profile image61

Thank you, Janshares for your time and suggestion(s). I will follow your observations and try to correct them. Yes. I am speaking of "Strange Fruit". I purposely did not write about the drug addiction, prison or the time of her life during the Great Depression. I feel that much of her life was painful and very personal. perhaps, that's not ok when writing a story. I guess that's something else that goes with writing. I love Billie Holiday also. But then, I am "Old School". Thank you
        ezi

1. janshares profile image98
          jansharesposted 3 months agoin reply to this

You're very welcome, ezi. Welcome to HubPages.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image100
    Rupert Taylorposted 3 months ago

There are a few problems with grammar and spelling.

She was not an out ant (and) out ...

At the age of around the age of twelve (repetition of "the age")

louis Armstrong's (should be Louis)

Is your image legal to use? It has to be in the public domain or Creative Commons licensed.

Your article is too short. HubPages looks for informative, media-rich pieces of 1,000 plus words.

I suggest you spend some time at the Learning Center here https://hubpageshelp.com/

1. ezi profile image61

Thank you, Mr. Taylor. I always wanted to write. Was afraid, I would never be good enough. I appreciate your help.

ezi

working