jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think about my "Gift Ideas For Tweens"?

1. sarahspradlin profile image90
    sarahspradlinposted 3 weeks ago

https://hubpages.com/holidays/Gift-Idea … s-Under-50

And yes I realized after that I should have titled it "for teen girls"...oops

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

This is the sort of Hub that would've been ideal for HubPages a few years ago.  Then, you would've used an Amazon capsule for every product.  These days, if you peppered your Hub with Amazon capsules, it wouldn't get approved - but there are ways and means. 

To be really useful to readers, you need to provide links to buy those products, but nowadays, if you're going to link to multiple products, then it's best to go for Amazon links instead of Amazon capsules.  Here's a good example of how it's done:

https://holidappy.com/gift-ideas/Gift-I … eally-Want

Note, that Hub was written by the founder of HubPages and I think the moderators may have been a bit more lenient than usual smile   But notice how he's used Amazon links, AND that for each link, he's talked about how his own daughter enjoyed that particular gift.   Never, ever link to a product without mentioning some kind of personal experience.

1. sarahspradlin profile image90
      sarahspradlinposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm a little confused how they're linking to Amazon like that..ill have to research that. I'm assuming the links don't help you with Adsense though correct? Thank you so much for all your help!!!

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

OK, I'm not sure what you know, so I'll go back a step.

You have two ways of earning on HubPages.   The first is Adsense, which is compulsory.  With Adsense, you earn from ads which HubPages places on your Hubs.   You don't need to do anything to make them work.

The second one is the HubPages Earnings Program, which I hope you've signed up for already.   That has two parts, HP Ads and Amazon. 

HP Ads are just ads that HubPages places on your Hubs, in the same way as Adsense.  You don't need to do anything to make them work.

Amazon is the one YOU control.  You earn from Amazon by placing Amazon  capsules and Amazon links in your Hubs.  You can see the Amazon capsules as a choice when you insert a capsule. You can see the Amazon link creator when you create a hyperlink - instead of pasting in the link you want, scroll down and you'll see the Amazon section.   Let me know if you can't work it out.

working