jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Increase views

1. Sudip Choudhury profile image55
    Sudip Choudhuryposted 4 weeks ago

I am a new writer to hubpages and I have submitted my first article on how to quit smoking addiction? a few days ago. The number of views to this article is not much, but it was featured two days ago. After editing some of the things, the article  is not featured now. Please give me some valuable suggestions on how to make my article better and improve my writing.

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi there,

You need to include a link. Here it is, which means it has passed QAP.

http://hubpages.com/health/a-complete-g … -addiction

It looks like a very good hub. The Amazon capsules need to be integrated into the hub and not tacked on to the end. You must demonstrate in the text why the product is essential to the topic. It's also good if you can tell why you recommend it and how it helped you. One product is sufficient, otherwise you'll have to give a reason why you recommend two.

Your writing is fine, but beware of over-using certain words. For example you repeat the word 'addiction', or variations of it, five times in the first paragraph.

Put your title into title case.

Break up the text into more text capsules. That will give you the chance to use more subtitles, which search engines like.

It's a good idea to attribute your images to show you are using them legally.

Move the first poll further down the page. Don't lead with a poll - it can't take the place of a proper intro.

Good luck with it.

Sudip Choudhuryposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have made all the suggested changes in my article and it is being reviewed. I will keep in mind these suggestions for my upcoming hubs.

2. melbel profile image98
    melbelposted 4 weeks ago

Your product recommendations seem kind of... I don't know... too sales-y. I would recommend NOT adding products until you get more used to the HubPages platform and what the HP staff "want" in a hub. Take a look at other successful hubs with product placement and analyze how those hubbers do it.

Your images are pixelated. That's a big no-no.

You have a question mark in your title but it is not a question.

Break up the text into smaller capsules.

Sudip Choudhuryposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I have made some changes in my article and it looks better now.

working