jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Does my article have easy to read instructions?

1. sarahspradlin profile image93
    sarahspradlinposted 6 weeks ago

https://hubpages.com/art/How-To-Make-Un … -Sea-Slime
    Do you think the instructions will be easy to follow?

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

You might want to rework your first sentence smile To be honest, I'd delete it. Writers often begin their articles with one of those generalisations that mean not very much. I'm probably guilty of it myself. If you read a lot of hubs, you'll notice it more and more.

"These days the internet is becoming increasingly more popular."
      "More people, these days..."
      "It's common to find more widgets in homes..."

And so on. Avoid them at all costs.

2. Luke Holm profile image94
    Luke Holmposted 6 weeks ago

Yes.

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image65
      Ashish Dadgaaposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

@Sarah,
      Yeah, it looks absolutely fine and it is going very well with the flow?
      It is smooth and crisp to read.

What exactly are you looking for?
      Is it not as per the publishing standard?

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago

First, fix your bio.  You are allowed up to 25 different bios and you should make maximum use of that.  So if you're writing about real estate, your bio talks about your real estate experience (but doesn't mention motherhood). If you're writing about toys, talk about your experience as a mother (but doesn't mention real estate).  And so on.

I agree with Raggededge, your first sentence is too general.    Bear in mind that your reader can't see your summary - they'll see it on the Google search result, but it doesn't appear on the Hub.   

When a reader arrives on a Hub from Google, they're looking for an answer.   In this case, they want to know how to make slime.  You have one or two sentences to convince them you're going to give them that recipe - otherwise, they'll click back to Google and check out the next result.   Waffle, even for a sentence or two, and you've lost them.

The Hub is probably too short, too.  I'm sure you've gathered by now that the secret of success is to get your Hub transferred to a niche site, and that's not likely to happen for very short Hubs.  Aim for 800 to 1,500 words.  I can see how it would be hard to find more to say about how to make the slime, but perhaps you could add something about where to buy slime if they don't want to make it, and you could also add one or two more videos.   Also could you say something about what to use it for?

working