jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Anyone else noticed a dip in earnings recently?

1. Cardia profile image95
    Cardiaposted 5 weeks ago

Admittedly I don't earn much with the Hubpages Earnings Program - I earn less than a dollar a day. However I noticed since the beginning of this month there was a been a significant drop in my earns per day, they are less than half of what I'm used to getting.
    It's a little worrying as I already do not earn much with the program, and am trying my best to earn payout before the end of the year.
    Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything that I can do to combat it?

2. Dean Traylor profile image95
    Dean Traylorposted 5 weeks ago

Yep, but that's normal. About this time last year, my viewership fell; however, by the end of the month, I had a monster comeback and viewing stayed up for the rest of November and December

3. incomeguru profile image97
    incomeguruposted 5 weeks ago

This is not normal. Traffic is on the increase but right now I'm losing over 95% of what I use to earn per day. I didn't join the HP earning program. Only using Google Adsense as my main source. I guess Google has blacklisted HP.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image99
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

There is a problem with AdSense right now. There is another thread about this, and the HP staff is working on it. If you rely on AdSense for your earnings, there's your explanation.

4. RonElFran profile image100
    RonElFranposted 5 weeks ago

For me, views and earnings have both been up so far this month. I think the best way to improve both is to get as many hubs as possible on niche sites. The HP main site is getting very little Google love these days.

1. incomeguru profile image97
      incomeguruposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

@ Ron, for me, it is an exceptional case. Traffic up, earnings seriously down. In fact, there are no clicks.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13775770_f248.jpg

1. Chriswillman90 profile image99
        Chriswillman90posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

The same thing happened to me, I sent the team an email about it. I don't know whether Google decided to Black list the niche sites again or what.

It dropped 95 percent in a day, and I'm frustrated because I was close to AdSense payout. I wonder if the new ad streams had anything to do with it.

5. Cardia profile image95
    Cardiaposted 4 weeks ago

Sorry to hear that some of you guys are experiencing the same thing, but at least it's not an isolated incident. I'm hoping that they increase again. Admittedly I have quite a few Hubs about Halloween so I'm used to a dip after the end of October, but this has been much more sever than usual.

In terms of moving over to niche sites, I've been certainly trying to do that, and it does work. I'll keep retouching my hubs so that I can submit them.
    thank you for the replies!

6. Michael Kismet profile image96
    Michael Kismetposted 4 weeks ago

Bump.  Can we get an update on what is going on with Adsense?  I use the HP ads, but always managed to make anywhere from a few cents to a few dollars(on good days) with Adsense, even while on HP ads option.  The last 4-5 days, nothing..no clicks, no earnings, but have plenty of page views.

Please, someone enlighten me.  Feel free to explain it to me as if I were a 5 year old. Thanks!

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
      paradigmsearchposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

AdSense has been totally screwed up since last week. It is costing both Google and HubPages a fortune. They are working on it. Trust me.

7. Michael Kismet profile image96
    Michael Kismetposted 4 weeks ago

Thank you, paradigm. Your calm and apt response was all I needed.

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
      paradigmsearchposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

big_smile

8. genewall profile image60
    genewallposted 4 weeks ago

Hi there new to this site and new to marketing, i have been struggling for the last month on getting leads and sales from affiliate offers. So i have had a lot of "tire kickers". They check out the blog or pages and then no sales or they do not click on my links. My links are attractive and there are some banners but they are positioned on the side bar as not to be annoying. I hope business picks up very soon because you cant pay bills from this type of traffic.

9. Rafiq23 profile image86
    Rafiq23posted 4 weeks ago

My earnings are 200% up!

working