AdSense Earnings Drop

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (132 posts)
  1. Christy Kirwan profile image90
    Christy Kirwanposted 6 years ago

Hi all, we are aware that there's an issue with AdSense earnings right now and our engineers are looking into the details. It's not clear if the issue is on HP's end or if this is a problem with Google, but we should know more by Monday. Thank you to everyone who has reported the problem, and we will let you know when we know more.

1. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Christy Kirwan.  Have a great weekend.

2. Ashish Dadgaa profile image48
      Ashish Dadgaaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@Christy Kirwan,

Thank you for updating smile

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Question:  Will Adsense give us all of the earnings that did not get reported between now and the time you get this glitch fixed, or are we going to lose all that would have been?  If it is the second issue, shouldn't we all switch back to the HP program until this issue gets remedied?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest you switch over. It's hard for the team to say anything about it if they don't know the problem yet.

Say it's a problem on HP's end and the ads didn't show or for some other reason they were not detected, there's no way to get your money from this. The same story if it's on Googles end. If it's just a reporting issue though, things should be fine. But that's just one possibility, which is not very likely as reporting from my other sites is fine on Adsense.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My site has been an earnings corpse this month, so I don't know what to think. Finally got fed up and turned the ads off. Decided to see if ad-free websites get higher rankings or not, nothing to lose.

Meanwhile, not losing any sleep over it; especially with HP Ad Program performing so well.

Haha, no rankings won't change. If they do let me know.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

That's what I decided to do earlier today, but will keep checking to see if things go back to normal so that when they do, I can switch back.  What's weird is that I had some low Adsense earnings again today, but when I look at the views page, they still show "no data".

I see views but just 10% of the clicks. I am on the HP program but I get regular clicks on adsense too.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

So maybe the portion of the program that works alongside the HP earnings is working but the portion that works for those of us just using Adsense is the one that has the problem.  I sure hope they get this problem fixed because it has already cost me quite a bit of money!

No it is not. I am getting just 10% of what I usually get. It is not working properly.

4. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@Christy, sallybea, DzyMsDzzy and All:
      Have a Happy and Safe Veterans Day!

You too, Kenneth

5. Alison Graham profile image93
      Alison Grahamposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Christy, I don't have any answers regarding adsense but this is another problem regarding Amazon links? - I am seeing a number of Amazon links in my hubs showing as 'broken' returning a 503 error. However, the products are there and the links should be good. I have done a screenshot of one of the articles in question on Dengarden. This shows that the page is reporting the link as broken - as I was hovering over the link when I took the screenshot, at the bottom of the page, is what the page says the link is going to - however, when I am asked if I want to click on the link anyway, I am taken to the product page. Here is the screenshot and my article is the one on how to get rid of fruit flies

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13779363_f248.jpg

1. Jan Saints profile image86
        Jan Saintsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think you need to start a new thread for this issue. It's a critical one!

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Just found this notice from Adsense:

Ad balance is under maintenance
      Latest update: This issue has now been fixed.

Details:
      Ad balance is currently undergoing engineering work to fine tune revenue estimations. We’ve deactivated the Ad balance tool in all publishers' accounts.

If you use the Ad balance tool, your previous Ad balance settings are no longer active. As a result, Ad balance is not currently affecting your fill rate or revenue.

You don’t need to take any action. We'll let you know when the tool is active again.

Last updated: November 7, 2017

Ooh nice find.

2. NateB11 profile image88
        NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm hoping this explains what's going on with my account. It's not just HP, my own sites are looking wonky. I have the same page views but earnings and clicks close to non-existent.

7. martinskrut profile image58
      martinskrutposted 6 years agoin reply to this

good

8. CatherineGiordano profile image77
      CatherineGiordanoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I've had the problem also. The Ad Sense didn't just drop; it went to 0 and the rpm was also 0. Then it got normal again.  But I don't think I got paid for the days when it was not working properly.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

'
    Do you feel lucky?

One of three things would happen if you pulled the plug on them for purposes of reset. When you turn them back on:

A. Everything fixed.
    B. No change.
    C. Everything goes FUBAR, including HP Ads.

Like I said, do you feel lucky?

'
      Update.

When I turned the ads back on at my website, I noticed they all reset themselves; type, size, format, colors, the whole nine yards.

Now unless you feel really, really, really lucky; I wouldn't go messing with the HP earnings configuration page. But if you feel adventuresome, maybe do an off-on reset with a single hub? Only you can decide. big_smile

An update.

Evidence mounts that this is an AdSense problem, not HP's. Also, doing the reset thing does not appear to work.

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My blog is still getting the normal amount of Adsense earnings. It seems specific to HP.

I compared my website Analytics versus AdSense. AdSense says I only had 1/3 the views that Analytics says. Maybe only the awesome websites are being affected. big_smile

3. incomeguru profile image94
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

The program HP is testing is massively affecting our Adsense earnings. I'd like to add that HP should just revert to the former. Thank you.

Try the HP Ad Program for the weekend, perfect time to do so. You might be very pleasantly surprised.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image90
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

None of our ad tests have anything to do with this issue. We started testing over a week before this issue occurred. If they were related, we'd have seen problems with earnings much sooner.

Yep. The more I think about it, the more I think this is Google's doing. And I'm pretty sure they are a ghost town today. Hang in there. smile

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
        chef-de-jourposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the up to date info, puts some light on the subject which is really helpful.

3. Chriswillman90 profile image89
      Chriswillman90posted 6 years agoin reply to this

HP ads are far superior to AdSense, which is why I use it but the extra daily AdSense is a nice bonus.

4. theraggededge profile image97

So just switch to the HP ad program for a few days.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I did notice that. It hadn't occurred to me that it could be anything other than the common booms and busts we always see. On the upside, the HP ad program is totally kickin' butt like never before. So I'm not worried.

5. Coffeequeeen profile image81
    Coffeequeeenposted 6 years ago

Glad to hear it's being looked into.  I thought my earnings didn't look right when I saw them.  Hope it all gets fixed soon.

6. srirad0675 profile image82
    srirad0675posted 6 years ago

Thank you Christy.  Have a refreshing weekend.

7. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

From when I understood this Adsense stuff started, it was right around the time that Google did a major update to their algorithm and indexing changed.  Maybe that's part of it.

Good theory. Even if Google denied it, I would still strongly suspect the search algo code and the AdSense code are so thoroughly intertwined that not even NASA could sort it out. Mistyping one variable name is all it would take; good luck finding it.

8. paradigmsearch profile image60

Hey, folks! Could this be what is causing the mess? Maybe still not glitch-free?

"Google AdSense Ad Balance Tool Officially Back For Good"

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-ads … 24744.html

1. chef-de-jour profile image96

Mighty technical but kind of fascinating. I dip into the bowels of Adsense occasionally but am way out of my depth so I surface rapido. Don't think I've seen Adsense plummet quite like this before? I guess the HP staff know what they're doing. Of course they do.

9. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13777989_f1024.jpg

For the last three days, Adsense ads impressions have drastically reduced whilst the page views have remained almost constant. This is as shown in the above graph. Can we really have a situation where the impressions are less than page views? As Paradigmsearch have suggested the Google AdSense Ad Balance Tool maybe here with us.

10. incomeguru profile image94
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

I just checked my Google Adsense account and under the performance report I clicked the common report and I found that my page views are up but impressions are massively down. Before impressions are usually up and page views lower (like 40% of the impressions).

11. paradigmsearch profile image60

I just noticed something that tells me HP staff is already at work. As for what I noticed, all I will say is that I agree with them.

12. tritrain profile image70

You're secret's safe with us.

And what I previously noticed, just got changed again.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60

Don't know if of any help, but per AdSense:

Got page views on 5 different HP sites, but the only site that doesn't have zero impressions is dengarden. Yep, it appears dengarden is indeed showing ad impressions while the others are not.

14. paradigmsearch profile image60

Toughnickel came up with an ad impression. AdSense also appears to be reporting real time at the moment, something they don't always do.

15. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I'm glad I'm using the HubPages Ad Program since this problem is not affecting me. But for that one single AdSense ad at the bottom of all hubs, I checked my reports.

It looks like AxleAddict, ToughNickel, Owlcation and TurboFuture are okay. But the other niche sites are not showing any impressions.

I checked to be sure all the niche sites are still verified in my authorized list under "Settings>MySites" and they are. So that's not the problem.

I ran individual reports for each day and I found that the problem started on Thursday November 9th. On November 8th everything was still okay.

Same here. In fact, the AdSense mess actually did me a favor. It caused me to discover how the HP Ad Program is doing these days. To make a long story short, I'm staying with HP Ads even after AdSense is fixed.

Axleaddict, at least my portion, is NOT doing OK.  Adsense seems to have an ongoing problem and while I'm earning on HP, I'm not earning nearly as much as with Adsense, even though the CPMs here have increased dramatically since I've been away.

I am wondering exactly how Adsense is going to inform people that it's back up and running.  I keep doing brief switches to see if anything is happening, but so far cannot tell.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes I know that in your case pure AdSense works better, due to the RV niche that you have. I remember you taking about that in another forum thread once.  It’s strange that you’re noticing a change with AxleAddict since my report shows impressions.

I didn’t compare how many impressions I’m getting though, as compared to a week ago, so it’s possible that it dropped somewhat. I was just using a binary comparison—zero means there is a problem and anything greater means it’s okay. I don’t have much to go on since it’s only one ad at the bottom, so I realize my analysis is not very useful.

I had tried full AdSense a few months ago for a couple of weeks, but quickly switched back to the HubPages Ad Program when I saw the results.

16. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Is there any update on this AdSense outage?  I was making some decent coin on AdSense, but it has completely flat-lined since late last week.  It never goes that flat.

17. tritrain profile image70

I don't know what others have heard, but I've been hearing a lot of grumbling about Adsense dropping off for other sites too.  It might be on Google's end, at least in part.

The problem is with Adsense, and they are being very slow to fix it.  It would affect all other sites, not just ours, but for some reason is not affecting the HP program.  If you scroll up to one of my earlier posts you'll see the notice I found earlier to day from Google that explains the problem.

18. paradigmsearch profile image60

This site, checkadsban . com, is an apparently legitimate site handing out completely false information. It says every HP site is banned from AdSense. It also informs me that google, blogspot, and wordpress are also banned from AdSense. In other words (unless website glitch), their google information source has been scrambled (for lack of a better word).

My point? Is that same google source somehow also interfering with HubPages and apparently other sites?

19. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

We are working with the AdSense folks to resolve the issue.  We believe the issue is that AdSense is filtering out queries when the pub id isn't in our ads.txt file. 

We have a LOT of pub ids (one for each author) and it's likely to be problematic to add all of them to our file.  We are working on the options, but we are on our third level of support with AdSense so I'm unsure how quickly this will be resolved.

We will keep you posted as we learn more.

'
      Google is not stupid. They knew exactly what they were doing when they initiated this procedure. I guess Google's feelings towards "content farms" hasn't changed. I will be very surprised if this ever gets "fixed". I so hope I am wrong. If Google does favorably resolve this; it means that Google has indeed become a kinder, gentler entity. In fact, it would tell me the "war" is over and that Google acknowledges that HubPages is a positive contributor to society.

Meanwhile and worst case scenario, looks like your EBDA enhancement to the HP Ads Program came along just in time. Gotta love that. smile smile smile

1. Rock_nj profile image90
        Rock_njposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What is the EBDA enhancement to the HP Ads Program?  I've noticed that HubPages ads do better this time of the year going into the Holidays.  I think it's because holiday traffic and ad rates are up this time of the year.

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Adsense is not google search. It is in their own interest that all major websites show adsense ads.

2. Rock_nj profile image90

Can HubPages ditch AdSense and just offer HubPages ads?  I choose HubPages ads as my primary ad source because it always paid better than AdSense.  Not sure why I have to have one AdSense ad on my Hubs.  I guess there's a reason though.

3. lobobrandon profile image88

Thanks for the update Paul, good luck with that.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

What I am wondering is why this suddenly happened now?  What has changed?  I am also wondering whether, assuming this problem does get fixed, whether all of those ads that were not being "seen" by Adsense will then show up again so that those of us who use Adsense only will recoup our earnings.

Something must have changed with in HP to make this problem happen.  So, what changed???

1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
        Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

We heard from support that AdSense changed the rate at which they use the ads.txt file. It was recently dialed up.

There needs to be a solution for api hosts that share domains.

Because AdSense isn’t displaying ads, there won’t be a retroactive revenue credit.

Rock_nj, We require a good standing AdSense account for abuse issues. In the past, AdSense could assess authors based on the single ad displayed and if they violated rules their AdSense account would be closed and we removed them from HP Ads.

I can't speak as to the hubs, but AdSense ads have been showing up on our profiles and Q&A every day. In other words, Google sure has gotten a boatload of freebies this past week.

It used to be that even when the HP Ad Program was selected, the Profile and Q&A pages were still direct AdSense. Has that changed? If not, me thinks I have a new project suggestion... smile

I don't understand why HP can't just ditch AdSense and use their own ad system 100%?  Is there something preventing that like staying in good graces with Google for rankings?

The problem is that some of us do much better with the Adsense plan than with the HP plan and would hate to lose those extra dollars.  All was working beautifully until a few days ago, and I see no reason why it cannot do so again.  However, if Adsense is going to "go down" temporarily, it would be helpful if they would warn us so that we can temporarily switch back to the HP plan.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
              Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you look at the ads which appear on your Hubs under the HP program, some of them are actually Adsense ads.  They are one of the advertisers in the program.

3. Jan Saints profile image86
              Jan Saintsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

They say that Google helps them deal with users who violate rules of the earning programs!

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

It's not really that Google helps them.   What Paul means is that Adsense acts like a kind of watchdog.  If Adsense detects that a user is doing the wrong thing, then that's a red flag to HubPages that there's a problem.   HubPages doesn't have the staff to do the same level of monitoring.

2. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
            Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't think we changed those things.  I'll have to look into it.

We are testing a fix on letterpile.com to see if it works, but we aren't 100% sure yet and neither is support!  We will keep working on it and really sorry folks aren't getting much credit for AdSense right now.

1. chef-de-jour profile image96

Adsense showing some earnings, from letterpile. Is everything fixed, just like that? I wonder, who waved the magic wand?

1. incomeguru profile image94
                incomeguruposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Adsense ad is showing on Holidappy. Just of recent, I made few cents. Let's hope it is extended to other network sites.

Adsense always shows the earnings you get when you are using the HP plan because they have one ad at the bottom of each post.  Those "cents" you see do not mean the problem has been fixed.  Paul will probably announce the repair once it happens, but there is no telling how soon this will be.

2. incomeguru profile image94

How soon are they going to have this resolved? Today's earning is worst, I have not earned a dime.

20. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

I got a tiny amount via Exemplore yesterday, so something's filtering through smile

21. Chriswillman90 profile image89
    Chriswillman90posted 6 years ago

Horrible timing for this to happen, I was a few bucks short of making AdSense payout, now I'm getting nothing from them.

Again I don't see a lot from them every month for me to cry over but it's ridiculous if earnings are held because Google wants to destroy all content creators.

22. Chriswillman90 profile image89

I'm getting AdSense impressions back and have earned a few cents, so that's good news.

23. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

It seems like the ratio of Adsense ads impressions to page views is increasing to normal values for Hubpages.

24. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

We have acknowledgment from Google that there is an issue with their enforcement of ads.txt and AdSense Host partners. They are working on a solution.

We are testing a workaround of sorts on letterplile. We will evaluate it today. It won’t be 100% but it should help folks with regular earnings until AdSense addresses the issue.

1. viking305 profile image93
      viking305posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hello Paul
      I just received this notice, Do I ignore it?

Here's a list of all your sites. We recommend you keep it up to date. Verify sites you know are yours, and add new ones manually. Learn more
      Sites with ads.txt issues
      error_outline
      Publisher ID missing from ads.txt files
      You need to add your publisher ID to the following ads.txt files:
      delishably.com/ads.txt
      This will prevent a potentially severe impact on your earnings. Copy and paste the following code snippet into each ads.txt file:
      google.com, pub-9672211082060688, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
      If you've already done this, please allow our systems up to 24 hours to reflect the changes.

Thanks, Lorraine

1. NateB11 profile image88

For anyone with a wordpress site, you should get the WP-Insert plug-in, makes it easier to add ads.txt file. Also makes it easier to generally organize your ads on your site. I also found this helpful in general https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_4uK2HnOy0

Where did you get this report?

I got one on my google stats page under Adsense but don't have a clue what to do with the report or know whether Hubpages staff will be dealing with this.

I just found it on my Adsense account page and have found my publishers ID but do not know how to  add it or on which site or sites.  Can someone help me with this?  All of my sites were verified.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

It has to be added to the website, so that's up to HubPages.  This is what I explained to you - all our publisher IDs need to be added to a special file on each niche site.Headache for HubPages.

Thanks.  Apparently this has been done because my Adsense warnings have disappeared and other writers are stating that they are seeing earnings move again.  WHAT A RELIEF!

2. incomeguru profile image94

Adsense impression still not showing on Toughnickel and Owlcation. What we're seeing is just a partial recovery.

Yes, I can confirm that too. Seems they didn’t add our publisher id's to ads.txt under those two niche sites yet.

Toughnickel has started showing Adsense impression again after 7 days.

Yes, as of today I see that too. And Owlcation is also showing impressions as well this morning.

Any info about AxleAddict hubs?

Yep, seeing impressions.

How about
              bellataory
              letterpile
              pethelpful
              skyaboveus
              soapboxie and
              wehavekids

I'm not good at this stuff but am not even seeing these sites listed, even though they have been verified.

letterpile, skyaboveus, soapbox, and wehavekids show up in my list. I don't have hubs in the other two. Note that you won't see them unless you had views greater than zero.

Best thing is to do that Paul said and check each ads.txt file of the sites that you are not sure about.

Don't know how to do that!  Tried to follow lobobrandon's advice and couldn't get his directions to work because I didn't know where to post the info

For example: to check pethelpful, go to https://pethelpful.com/ads.txt in your browser.

Then search for your publisher ID. CNTL-F (or Command-F on a Mac) and paste your ID into the search field.

Do the same for all the others.

25. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if it's related, but I have seen a tremendous drop in my HP Ad Program earnings over the past four days. Previously my earnings had been steadily climbing, and I've seen a drop in earnings of two dollars over the past four days. As with others, my views have remained constant.

Is this connected? I know everyone has been suggesting switching to the HP Ad Program (which has been working well for me until the last week), but I thought it was worthwhile to ask!

26. Chriswillman90 profile image89

I have that same notice on my AdSense account for two niche sites.

27. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 6 years ago

I got a similar message too . . . “Sites with ads.txt issues
    error_outline
    Publisher ID missing from ads.txt files
    You need to add your publisher ID to the following ads.txt files:
    owlcation.com/ads.txt
    spinditty.com/ads.txt
    This will prevent a potentially severe impact on your earnings. Copy and paste the following code snippet into each ads.txt file:...”

What are we to do about this Paul?

28. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

Paul, I don’t know if this might help, but as of today I noticed Google is reporting impressions again on at least eight niche sites. Owlcation, however, is still not showing impressions.

29. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

I received a warning today that my publisher id doesn't show at delishably. Something is wrong on the Hubpage side of things then. Just so our publisher ids get back in the acccounts that aren't working.

30. Chriswillman90 profile image89

The issues are getting fixed it seems, I only have one more niche site that has the AdSense warning.

I can't speak for other sites though since my articles aren't on them.

31. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

AdSense is back!  I earned a shinny nickle today!  Wahoo!

32. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Yep, I've got pennies rolling in on AdSense again!

Me too, it is so good to see especially as I hoped to make payout this month.

33. paradigmsearch profile image60

https://i.imgflip.com/1zhffa.jpg

34. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Yes, AdSense is requiring the ads.txt with a pub ID. We created a very large file - there doesn’t appear to be a size limit.

Other AdSense Host sites are impacted, but we are glad that this is working. There should be a more elegant solution coming, but this should hold us over till than.

HP staff, thank you for a job well done. Glad to be an author on HP.

35. DGtal Montage profile image93
    DGtal Montageposted 6 years ago

What about letterpile? my hub on Jimmy Valentine has a steady viewcount but there is a drop in earning. Is that because it is upgraded to letterpile and has issues with adsense!!

36. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

It looks like the fix is working for all sites. It can take 24 hours for the warnings to clear in the AdSense reporting interface.

We hope we got all the right IDs in the file, but if you’re expecting to see impressions and not, each site has an Ads.txt file like this - https://letterpile.com/ads.txt

If you don’t see the expected impressions in AdSense, see if your pub ID is in the file. If it isn’t please notify support.

It does look like it’s working correctly.

Working for me.  Thanks Paul and everyone at HubPages.

2. sallybea profile image94

Looking good, thank you to everyone at HubPages.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
      PaulGoodman67posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. My Adsense earnings seem to have recovered after falling off a cliff a week ago.

4. NateB11 profile image88

My Adsense looks good again too. Awesome!

37. CYong74 profile image95
    CYong74posted 6 years ago

This is back. I'm getting the red band in my AS account again. Hmm!!!

1. CatherineGiordano profile image77
      CatherineGiordanoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I check my AdSense report everyday. I saw the red band on my AdSense report for the first time today (Tuesday 11/21).. It said: "You need to add your publisher ID to the following ads.txt files:
      holidappy.com/ads.txt"

Previously I saw page rpm as 0 and impressions as 0 over a period of a couple of weeks.

I assume there is nothing I can do. These kind of tech issues really freak me out.

Yes, there is.  If you go onto the Adsense site, in the upper left hand corner click on the menu then on  my ads, ad units, URLchannels.  You can add a URL there.

38. paradigmsearch profile image60

Hey, folks. HP says notify team @ hubpages. com and they will fix it for you. smile

39. profile image0
    Dabby Lyricposted 6 years ago

Funny,

I went through HELL trying to get Adsense and now I'm reading that there's a problem with the it. LOL Jokes on me!  I wish that I would've read this thread prior to even bothering.  Luckily for me, I always had Hubpages Ad program on. I just emailed Hubpages about it.

Thanks for this thread.

The AdSense problem was fixed weeks ago.  No worries.  I'm earning more than ever now on AdSense.

2. Michael Kismet profile image92
      Michael Kismetposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Have you considered the possibility that the reason you’re not making money on Adsense is because you’re simply not making money on Adsense?  It takes time and effort, a whole lot of time and effort. I checked your profile and think you’re off to a good start.  Keep writing quality articles and don’t give up.

There was a time I was making pennies a day, and grateful for it.  Today, I’m easily making payout every month..something I thought I would never achieve. It’s important to mitigate your expectations, so when you exceed them, it will be that much sweeter! Good luck.

1. profile image0
        Dabby Lyricposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Michael!

40. profile image0
    Dabby Lyricposted 6 years ago

It's not working for me.  I have yet to receive a penny from Adsense.  I've had it for maybe 3 weeks...

If you have the HP ad program on, then Adsense earnings will be next to nothing unless you have a lot of hubs. I get £1 or £2 from Adsense per day, if I'm lucky. Of course when I turn HP ads off, Adsense increases.

When HP ads are on, only one small Adsense advert appears at the very bottom of your hub.

1. profile image0

i see.  I currently have 20 Hubs...traffic slow today but was up a few days ago.

Dabby:  Are you just using Adsense or are you using the HP program with it.  If you're using the HP program, you'll never get much from Adsense.  However, if you use ONLY the Adsense program, in time you'll start earning IF you write on articles that attract advertisers.  I've been using Adsense only since last April and have done extremely well with it, but my niche is one for which many types of products can be available if advertised.

1. profile image0

I'm using both and now I see that I can't unless I have a ton of Hubs doing well.  I'm doing ok with Hubpages Ad Program. I guess I'll keep Adsense and just build on myy Hubs.

You have to keep Adsense, in order to have the HP ads program. Think of it as a two-tier system. One underpins the other and boosts the earnings. However, the base system (Adsense) doesn't earn (much) unless the top one (HP ads) is turned off. As a general rule, writers do better with HP ads. Some, who write in certain niches, do better with Adsense only.

You can experiment, if you like? Just turn HP ads off for a week and see if you start earning via Adsense. Don't forget, though, you need $100 in Adsense to get paid.

1. profile image0

I see. How do I turn the HP Ads off or vice versa?

https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/

Click on Configure next to Ad Program. Answer the security question and then Deactivate.

Passing by, you again.

41. paradigmsearch profile image60

Not read thread. Try HP Ads Program.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)