jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Checking again- Healdove Still Has not recovered

1. weezyschannel profile image84
    weezyschannelposted 2 months ago

Okay, this has been since 1st week of Sept now.  Traffic plummeted over 75%... Healdove was doing fabulous.  Tons of traffic and adsense earnings were super just on the one article.

Since my article does not apply to any certain season, I'd like to know if anyone else is concerned as well. I am dumbfounded.

1. Bedbugabscond profile image99
      Bedbugabscondposted 2 months agoin reply to this

My Healdove article is seasonal. I would love to hear from more people like you Lisa. I have been curious as to the experience of the non-seasonal Healdove writers.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 2 months ago

I am in the same boat weezyschannel. My Healdove article went from around 400 views a day to around 90, and that hasn't changed much since the drop. Last time this happened, it rocketed right back up. Google is always fiddling around with things, so I'm hoping they will take their foot off our neck again someday.

1. weezyschannel profile image84
      weezyschannelposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I've just never seen the slump last so long. I'm hanging around 50 a day compared to 6-700 a day. I'm really discouraged at this point. If I can make a quarter a day,  I'm lucky. Alot of us rely on that little extra to help; has been good for years until the switch to Healdove

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 months agoin reply to this

It's no comfort really, but part of the reason that HubPages created the niche sites (and tightened the rules for them) was because it knew Google was beginning to target health-related articles, and it thought moving them to a dedicated site might protect them from being massacred.  So it's very likely the Hub would've lost traffic even if it was still on HubPages.

However if you're unhappy, maybe if you contacted the team and asked for the Hub to be moved back to the main site, they would do that for you.  It's technically possible.

working