jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Would you like to be famous?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 weeks ago

Why?    Or why not?
    (Part Two) What  would you like to be famous for?
    Fame often means wealth --but not always.
    Fame often means loss of privacy -- usually, but not always.

1. Solaras profile image98
      Solarasposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I used to think I wanted to be famous, but now I am a very private person.  I don't want fame, just wealth lol.  If I thought I would write something people would go nuts over, I would use a nom de plume and try to avoid promoting the piece as myself. I can't say why - just I would not want the intrusions.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
        Rochelle Frankposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

That sounds very reasonable. You want them to recognize you, but you don't need to recognize them. Sometimes remaining mysterious is a win- win. Being some sort of idol could be very debilitating, though the wealth might be nice.

2. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Wealth I want, fame I don't want. I don't see the point in fame. Everybody liking you can often mean you're not honest, putting on a show. I can only think it's some kind of desire for a grotesque ego boost to want fame so it has no value. Money on the other hand can change a person's whole life. If you've had a lack of it you know the value of having enough money and having more than enough can lead to a very good life: Have what you need and want, not having to worry about whether you are ever going to get evicted or go hungry.

I read Michael J Fox's autobiography and in it he talks about why having a lot of money is good, to put it simply. It's not just having money but the fact that you no longer get treated like junk, essentially. I just woke up and kind of groggy so I'm not being particularly articulate about it, but that's the gist of what Michael was saying, having had the experience of having nothing and then being rich, he had an interesting perspective on it.

2. EricFarmer8x profile image93
    EricFarmer8xposted 3 weeks ago

I guess getting a huge surge in traffic would be nice LOL.

Being known by many people is not a particular goal of mine. I have never cared too much about being popular. I have a small group of friends and that is all I want.

3. threekeys profile image84
    threekeysposted 3 weeks ago

Fame can mean infamy.
    No. I have never yearned it or wanted it. Why in the heck, would you? I try to please those in my circle and it doesnt work. How could I ever make complete strangers like me? No. Not interested in having my life turned inside out or upside down and to EXPLAIN every thought or movement to strangers or anyone. I havent even done that with a partner.
    But yes to establishing relationships with interested customers.

4. poppyr profile image99
    poppyrposted 3 weeks ago

Honestly sometimes I’ve walked the streets of Tokyo and wondered what it’d be like to be a “talent” or “idol” here. But it’d probably get tiring after a while.

5. janshares profile image99
    jansharesposted 3 weeks ago

No way! Too much image and expectation to maintain. If I have to give up a part of my life, I'd rather make an impact in a low-key, leadership position behind the scenes; make a difference and keep it moving. wink

working