jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How to improve my article

1. Dishant Varshney profile image79
    Dishant Varshneyposted 3 weeks ago

I wrote an article on "Uncertainty in theories". I tried my best not to violate any terms and gave my best to make my article an interesting one. Would you help to improve my article much further.
    Here's the link >> https://hubpages.com/education/Uncertainty-in-Theories.

Thank You!!

2. theraggededge profile image100
    theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago

Sorry, the verbiage is too rambling. I can't make sense of what you are trying to say.

I'd suggest adding an introduction which tells the reader what the article is about and why it is important they read it.

Also be consistent with your subtitles - it's better to put them into title case.

Lose the links to Wikipedia. It's not the best to use as a reference, and your article should be complete without sending people off site. If you can't use a single sentence to explain what a white dwarf star is, you shouldn't mention it. If you are referring to a legitimate study which backs up your claims, that's different.

Don't use a long word where a short one will do. If you are writing a scientific article, be factual. It's not a creative writing exercise. Flowery language has no place in it.

Cut out unnecessary words. Go through the text and determine that every word you use deserves its place. Otherwise delete it.

That's a very odd final sentence. It's as if the article has been cut off mid-way. You need a conclusion that rounds up your ideas and a final sentence that leaves the reader satisfied but wanting more.

Hope that helps.

1. Dishant Varshney profile image79
      Dishant Varshneyposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Ooh! Great! Thank you for guiding me. I'll try to obviate these mistakes. I hope my next hub will be better than this. Thanks again!

working