jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Ways To Help Cash Flow

1. profile image65
    Edwardwadeposted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Ways To Help Cash Flow (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

Any help on this would be appreciated, not quite sure why this article has failed.

Thanks

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi there,

I'd suggest you get rid of those two dodgy links big_smile

2. profile image65
    Edwardwadeposted 2 weeks ago

Hi,

But why? Those links are some of my source material? And there blog links, not promotional stuff at all?

Thanks for the suggestion though.

theraggededgeposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Why? Because they link to commercial sites.

I clicked on one and was immediately asked to engage in a conversation with some sales person. Spammy. Also if you have anything to do with those sites, i.e. you are being paid to promote them, or they are your own, it's not permitted under the ToS.

You can leave them there, but your hub won't be approved, featured or eligible to be moved to a niche site.

Get your info from reputable, non-biased sources.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

It's extremely unusual for me to disagree with Raggededge but in this case, I do.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with linking to reputable commercial sites. I think the problem here is the way you've done it.  You've placed the links at the start of paragraphs, with no explanation. 

I think you'd have more luck if you placed the link at the end of the section, not at the beginning.  If you're offering the link so the reader can get more detailed information, say so (e.g. "you'll find a more detailed explanation of how a business overdraft works at ............".   If it's just your source material, then put the links at the end of your Hub, in a Links capsule, and title it Sources (HubPages doesn't generally like links at the end of a Hub, but if you're listing sources, there isn't another effective way). 

However, there's one more thing to check.  It strikes me that your explanation of these two things is very similar to your sources.  If all you've done is paraphrase what those sites say, then your Hub isn't original enough - and that may be your real problem.

theraggededgeposted 13 days agoin reply to this

The trouble is, the QAP team don't look at them like that. He might be able to get around it, but why bother when there are so many resources on these topics out there? Why those two sites in particular?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 13 days agoin reply to this

I thought the second link seemed neutral in tone, not spammy at all?

4. profile image65
    Edwardwadeposted 13 days ago

Well thanks for your help Marisa, I will try your suggestions and see how that works, I picked out those two because they give greater detail on the subject matter and offer proof of what I'm saying, it's not a case of paraphrasing someone else's work

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 days agoin reply to this

If they're still not accepted after you change it, then an email to team @ hubpages.com might solve the problem. 

Raggededge seems to be complaining about the "chat" feature on the first site.  That's a very common feature of reputable business websites these days and if they're regarding that as "spammy" they're a bit behind the times.

5. profile image65
    Edwardwadeposted 13 days ago

Thanks as well theraggededge

working