jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

The difference between a "Hub" and an "article"

1. Charles Arnold profile image60
    Charles Arnoldposted 13 days ago

Hi.

I'm new to Hubpages and want to get off to a good start, with great content, totally compliant to policies, and etc.

This question may be very basic, but I can't find a discussion of this anywhere.

>> What is the difference between a hub and an article?

>> I understand that when you publish an article, you create a Hub, but can a Hub have multiple articles?

>> If so, how do I indicate which article belongs in which hub?

How to I get in touch with other Hubpages authors in my area? Is there any sort of support group?

Thanks,

Charles Arnold
    St. Petersburg, FL

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 13 days agoin reply to this

Hi Charles, welcome to HubPages!

There is no difference between a Hub and an article. "Hub" is the term we used to use for articles back when startup jargon was all the rage, but over time we realized it was much less confusing to new writers to just call them articles. However, there are still a few places on the site, and many users in the Forums who still refer to articles as Hubs. smile

1. wilderness profile image98
        wildernessposted 13 days agoin reply to this

Uh oh.  I'm one of those behind-the-times writers (can't be a "hubber" any more!) that refer to hubs.  Break out the wet noodles; I'll try to do better in the future. smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
          Rochelle Frankposted 13 days agoin reply to this

You can still be a hubber, but you must write articles instead of hubs.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 12 days agoin reply to this

No worries! We don't discourage people in the community from continuing to use these terms as per your preference, we've just tried to simplify the language on the site itself for clarity for new users. smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 13 days agoin reply to this

I had no idea this had changed.  My bad!

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 days agoin reply to this

Me neither. I can think of several other jargon words that HubPages could get rid of!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 13 days agoin reply to this

Hi Charles"

Welcome to HP.  You can find plenty of support on the forums.  Ask away...but also make sure you do your own research in the learning center as well.

Writers here are always willing to help those who graciously accept that help.

There is a steep learning curve here, and it takes time to learn all you need to know...but you will if youjust keep at it.

Good luck!

working