jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is the difference between HubPages and a blog?

1. giselle2323 profile image62
    giselle2323posted 7 years ago

What is the difference between HubPages and a blog?

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Lots of differences.  I wrote a Hub about it:

http://hubpages.com/hub/HubPages-blog

3. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

A blog is a web log that usually follows a line of thought, whether that is a specific area of expertise or an individual's life.  They can be written about anything for any reason.  Many people use them as a public journal. 

Hub pages are more stand alone that blogs.  You can link different hub pages together and even group them together, but they stand alone each with a unique web address you choose.  Individual blog entries all fall under their respective blogs web address.

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Limitations.......

Blogs usually require that you write about a particular topic......But there is more to me, than eg,  cooking or photography.......on Hub Pages, I can write both of them and more......

5. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 7 years ago

In blog you can write story about any topic that you like but hubpages is some thing more than blog say your content should not be duplicate, it has to certain length, it has not been substandard in quality.

6. internett1t3 profile image57
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

A blog is short for "web log". The important structural distinction that makes something a blog, rather than some other kind of web page, is that it is divided into chronological units, and it displays in reverse chronological order. A blog is like an online diary.

A hub is a web article posted on Hubpages. If we had followed the linguistic development in blog, we might have called hubs "barticles". But that doesn't sound so good, does it?

7. PMS9 profile image73
    PMS9posted 7 years ago

In blog we can modify Template, we can customize ads, but in Hubpages we don't have such options.

8. gulnazahmad profile image66
    gulnazahmadposted 7 years ago

A blog is like a diary where you can write anything and everything, on the other hand, on hub pages you have to write genuine stuff that attracts reader. I think genuineness makes hub pages different from blogs.
    Secondly hub pages is a directory where there is information on different things because people publish here.

9. Kind Regards profile image71
    Kind Regardsposted 7 years ago

I agree with Wesman.  I'd say the feeling I get on HubPages compared to how I feel about my blogs is the biggest difference for me.

10. Spartan King profile image61
    Spartan Kingposted 7 years ago

the complexity of the hubs and the way you can post,which is very easy even if you are an amateur internet user...

Closed to reply

working